[Completed] JavaScript SDK development December 2022 – March 2023

Application Status

Status: Completed on 31.03.2023, approved on the 05.12.2022, submitted on the 01.12.2022
Last updated: 10.04.2022
Submited by Denis Davidyuk [email protected]
Team: Denis Davidyuk
Approved Budget: 476 hours
Used Budget: 342.77 hours
Planned Delivery:

Specify the funding category

Open Source Development

Application Title

JavaScript SDK development 5.12.2022 – 31.03.2023

Applicant

Denis Davidyuk – GitHub

Value Application

JS SDK is actively used by onboard and community developers. Some use cases raise features that need to be implemented on the SDK side, the same as bugs that need to be fixed. Dependent projects may contribute to SDK and these contributions need to be reviewed. This proposal is intended to solve these requests firstly, to keep the development of dependent projects efficient.

Additionally, there is a set of things that are known to be good to have, the most important of them are:

Definition of Terms

JS SDK aka @aeternity/aepp-sdk is an NPM package that implements basic functionality for web-based aepp to communicate with aeternity blockchain and to access user accounts provided by the wallet.

Status Quo

There are only some ideas regarding the issues mentioned above.

Required Work

Once I have enough features implemented, I will make official releases.

Estimate

I would be working 3.5 days in a week on this (based on my availability for the last 3 months).

Known Limitations

Although I aim at delivering all proposed features as outlined, there may be some higher priority tasks coming up that need to be worked on, thus not every proposed item is expected to be delivered.

Outlook

SDK should satisfy the demands of projects depending on it. In the same, it should be easy to use, well-documented, well-typed, and built according to the modern standards of JavaScript ecosystem.

Publishment

The work outcome will be published at GitHub - aeternity/aepp-sdk-js: JavaScript SDK for the æternity blockchain and related repositories under ISC license.

Maintainance

Maintenance is part of the proposal and included for the proposed timeframe.

3 Likes

Dear @davidyuk ,
your JavaScript SDK Application is approved by AF.

2 Likes

Week 49 (Dec 5 - Dec 11)

Time spent: 16.90h

3 Likes

Week 50 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

I’d like to integrate erlps-aesophia into SDK if it would be updated to the latest compiler.

Time spent: 34.54h

2 Likes

Week 51 (Dec 19 - Dec 25)

Time spent: 40.31h

1 Like

Week 52 (Dec 26 - Jan 1)

Time spent: 21.30h

2 Likes

Week 1 (Jan 2 - Jan 8)

Time spent: 3.21h

Week 2 (Jan 9 - Jan 15)

Time spent: 18.17h

1 Like

Week 3 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

Time spent: 32.66h

1 Like

Week 4 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)

Time spent: 25.96h

1 Like

Week 5 (Jan 30 - Feb 5)

Time spent: 13.8h

1 Like

Week 6 (Feb 6 - Feb 12)

Time spent: 33.54h

3 Likes

Is there already an ETA for SDK v13 ?

Yesterday we figured out that the sdk release depends on the release of aepp-calldata-js, and calldata depends on the release of aesophia_cli. Sdk by itself is ready to be released, I would just do some testing before that.

Week 7 (Feb 13 - Feb 19)

• merging existing PRs in sdk repository
  • Superhero Wallet team support
  • filling previously found issues (in node and mdw repositories)

Time spent: 22.95h

1 Like

Week 8 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

Time spent: 14.57h

1 Like

Week 9 (Feb 27 - Mar 5)

Time spent: 27.97

2 Likes

Week 10 (Mar 6 - Mar 12)

I was on vacation and got no urgent requests about sdk, so no time was spent.

Time spent: 0

Week 11 (Mar 13 - Mar 19)

Time spent: 10.95

1 Like

Week 12 (Mar 20 - Mar 26)

• collecting feedback about 13.0.0-beta.0 release

Time spent: 1.76

1 Like

Week 13 (Mar 27 - Mar 31)

Time spent: 24.18

4 Likes

Final report

Overall spent 342.77 hours out of 476 hours available. Here is a list of issues closed in this grant, the same for merged pull requests. The most noticeable changes are:

None of the things considered the most important at the beginning of this grant was done completely, but there is significant progress on some of them. Due the 13th release of SDK is done, I’m looking forward to focus on the above list.

3 Likes