[ROADMAP] AETERNITY ROADMAP and RELEASE SCHEDULE Q4 2020 / Q1 2021

I agree on 100% with this. Having big enterprise relying on the infrastructure would surely bring all types of users (big and small).

10 Likes

@hanssv.chain, would you put together a list of the updates relevant to those building on AE? Do we get failsafe calls, etc. ? What else ? The GH list is a little bit… flashy :wink:

6 Likes

Hi @nikitafuchs.chain,What is GH list? Those buildings on AE you mentioned above means the ecosystems application on AE?

@Winfield GH means Github

1 Like

I’m sure by some definition of list this (^^) is a list :slight_smile: I don’t currently have the time to do a more elaborate description, sorry.

2 Likes

Please read the Release 5.6 Delay Information.

3 Likes

Hi @lydia, We think the AE leadership should visit the other currencies official website which make a good development, and view what the functions and applications they have, view how they are doing, especially the mainstream currency showing up in the search results, and view what functions and applications they have developed ,just in the terms of support language view, we think AE is inferior to others, for example, most currencies official website are to support multiple languages, and AE only supports English. The community thinks AE should try to seize market opportunities, develop some unique features and applications, if AE can develop some functions and applications that others didn’t have and heavy used by the market, we think that the market will be rapid development, In this way, the market value of AE will be get higher, and as the market value is higher, AE will have more funds to invest in development and applications, and will become better and better, thus forming a virtuous cycle.

1 Like

团队格局太差了。教不来的。

2 Likes

他们这种币价低关我鸟事的态度真心拿他们没办法,诶。。。

1 Like

Yes ,you can sell it freely.

2 Likes

我卖掉损失你负责啊,自己不作为还好意思?这个就是你们的解决办法吧

2 Likes

你们自己不反思都做了什么垃圾出来,不反思币价为什么这么低,还反过来责备我们

1 Like

Dear @Winfield,
thank you for the recommendations how to improve the foundations work. I agree that we need to make a better international web site and offer unique apps showing the power of aeternity. A comparison to other blockchains with the focus on the advantages of ae features and apps can considerably improve our marketing presentation. Sure we can learn a lot from our strong competitors. Recently we are working on reorganizing our web site and fastly improve the blockchain with the goal to make aeternity one of the best blockchains. To do this we need the community support!

Thanks the Chinese contributors and users for their active and strong support of aeternity!

@Simon and @beijing Please write in English and do not make a discussion in Chinese, otherwise I need to remove your posts to keep the forums presentation consistence and readable to everyone.

4 Likes

Adults, please be responsible for your investment behavior. You can also buy Bitcoin,

2 Likes

So,you also think AE is a garbage that is not worth to buy it. right ?

1 Like

If you want to, just help yourself

1 Like

Solid furnished product gives attention … Which AE is in the making … It’s an ecosystem and probably only inbuilt Oracle Ecosystem with Interportability …

Acceptance in Big Market like EU , US , China and India can do the needful …

I was playing with the new middleware recently and I want to make the Java SDK compatible to it and perform local integration tests.

can you please take a look at this issue: hardfork detection based on node configuration in aeternity.yaml · Issue #122 · aeternity/ae_mdw · GitHub

@dimitar.chain @karol.chain I think a small change in the aeternity core implementation makes it possible for me to run local integration tests against a node including the new middleware. I need an explicit local network for Lima which isn’t hardcoded right now.

1 Like

I see there are 2 questions:

1. There is a missing local_lima_testnet which is by design. Any network id (except local_roma_testnet, local_minerva_testnet, local_fortuna_testnet and local_iris_testnet) would work as the expected local_lima_testnet. The lima hard fork is the currently active one so no need of an explicit local_lima_testnet. As soon as we prepare an iris release (and pick a name for the next hard fork) this shall become required. Nevertheless I created GH issue for it. @marco.chain you can freely use locally a network id local_lima_testnet and it would work like a charm :slight_smile:
  2. MDW hard fork awareness for the different networks - I will leave this to @karol.chain
2 Likes

I know that the node can be started with local_lima_testnet. unfortunately the MDW is not capable of that and requires the node to be run with a known network id and prints following error log:

node_1      | ** (Mix) Could not start application ae_mdw: exited in: AeMdw.Application.start(:normal, [])
node_1      |     ** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
node_1      |         ** (ArgumentError) argument error
node_1      |             :erlang.hd(nil)
node_1      |             (ae_mdw 0.1.0) lib/ae_mdw/application.ex:68: AeMdw.Application.init/1
node_1      |             (ae_mdw 0.1.0) lib/ae_mdw/application.ex:17: AeMdw.Application.start/2
node_1      |             (kernel 6.5.2.1) application_master.erl:277: :application_master.start_it_old/4

as long as the MDW is not able to handle the ANY network id you should consider to add the network id explicitely

2 Likes