Æternity Santiago Chile

Yesterday I had my first meet up in Santiago de Chile, we had an introduction to blockchain, æternity, smart contracts, state channels, oracles, æpps and I showed the drone Graffiti project.

We discuss about æternity as a political tool, that can improve democracy and transparency.

Participants where interested in the incubator program, and they ask how to participated.

4 Likes

felicitaciones!!! por muchos mas

1 Like

Acá son más fotos del evento :slight_smile:

jpeg

jpeg

1 Like

Hey @herminiaG

Thank you for this photo.
Tell us more what about æternity fascinates people?

Unfortunately, the application process for Starfleet 2 is now closed, but don’t hesitate to tell us more about your æpps ideas :slight_smile:

Albena

1 Like

I can give you more details about the meetup :slight_smile:

Meetup location: LAUNCH Coworking Sede Holley, General Holley #133, Providencia (Metro los Leones), Santiago

Participants: 11

Topics presented:
Introducción Blockchain, Introducción Aeternity, contratos inteligentes, canales de estado, oraculos, mecanismos de consenso, æpps, ejemplo de Drone Graffiti, registro y protección de propiedad intelectual para artistas y creativos , programa de incubadora.

Questions by the audience:
How are smart contracts executed within state channels? What are the limits of smart contract modification within the state channel? Is it possible to change a smart contract within a state channel? Who are the primary investors of æternity?

Potential use case found at the meetup:
To use æternity as political instrument to promote democracy and transparency. A tool to know and register the opinions of citizens regard certain governmental decisions. Also as a tool to make the financing of public infrastructure building more transparent. There could be a team built around this topic, there just needs to be more developers involved to help with the technical aspects of the ideas.

1 Like

Thank you @erik.chain , I am also really curious about blockchain’s potential to bring more transparency to governmental spending.
However, there would be a lot of resistance against such a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

@albena.chain the discussion was very interesting, here in Latin America politicians always promote new developmets but they never occur or they finish with delay and overpriced, so it is a very powerfull idea to battle the corruption of governments however is true that there would be resistance.

1 Like

That’s why we are working in peer-to-peer and not top-down solutions, right? :wink:

Hey, I absolutely get the feeling, here in Bulgaria, although we are in the EU, things are not very different. And people often feel helpless facing those injustices :roll_eyes:

However, I am persuaded that blockchain and especially æternity can change this :slight_smile:
So, I am curious about the use cases you can come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like