Æternity Universe One Hæckathon

Hey @barefoot88, yes, there is - please talk to @erik.chain about that :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

Ok great, thank you!

Hi @erik.chain, nice to cross paths with you again :slight_smile: What’s the best way to stay in touch?

Hi @barefoot88, great to see you here ! I will PM you about the details :slight_smile:

Pæy

Pæy is a decentralized payment system that has made paying more efficient and easy by allowing payment with cryptocurrencies. We are targeting companies that would love to reach a larger audience, institutions interested in making payment easier for her students, and other firms that want an efficient way of receiving payment. Our target cuts across business individuals, companies, institutions, churches and lots more.

Pæy also allows trading of ætokens to Fiat Currency(NGN & USD)

Regards,
Emmanuel Joseph (JET)

3 Likes

Hey everyone :panda_face:

Here is the Meetup page of the Universe One Hæckathon :slight_smile:

https://www.meetup.com/aeternity-blockchain-Prague/events/264136764/

Everyone who is participating, please mark yourself as going. Thank you!

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hey all :slight_smile:

The Universe One Hæckathon is coming up next week :star_struck:

Are you ready with your ideas for the killer æpps of the future???

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hey all, this is Hector Linares from Spain. I have prepared a proposal with my college Hector Toledo, who wants to join the event remotely. I’m not sure how specific has to be the information posted here, but here is our introduction:

Gaming industry has one of the biggest user bases globally, most of them being young and very tech-friendly. Currently, blockchain is more focused in the finance and monetary industries, but Aeternity provides a set of functionalities that make this network a perfect option to start connecting gaming industry with blockchain.

Some developments have been done in this direction, but they are focused mainly in two topics: gambling and simple asset tokenization. We really believe that video games and blockchain can work together in a more deep way, even creating a new paradigm in the video game industry.

For the Aeternity UNIVERSE ONE Hæckathon, we propose a system to easily connect to the Aeternity network directly from any video game, starting with both low-level interaction with the network and high-level tools.
Some examples are: decentralized asset tokenization (cross-game), user global ID and login system, smart contracts with pieces of game logic (loot boxes, random events, etc) and eSports tournament record.

Next generation of video games can appear using blockchain technology, and there’s where we want to be.

7 Likes

Hi @heclinares, that sounds very exciting. The whole AE team is very eager to work on that intersection between blockchain and video games. The AE Ventures team even organized a meetup dedicated to blockchain and video games in Sofia some time ago. One of our Starfleeters - Cryptic Legends - are also working on a video game - check them out:

So, be assured you’ll get a lot of support from our team to develop your ideas :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

4 Likes

Thank you Albena, I knew about Cryptic Legends, and now have applied for the Beta :slight_smile:

We were planning to focus on the protocol/library approach, more than developing a game itself, but of course, we can adapt to the requirements of the Hackathon.
Would be great to have support and feedback of the team!

2 Likes

Hello, Simplecoin will attend. We are interested about building lightweight wallet with JSON-RPC, so we can receive tokens and pair them uniquely. We did it for Ethereum, but it is expensive, unstable and difficult.

We went thorough published API’s on Github, and we don’t see easy way how to do it. We believe it is essential part for any business, and straight solution would increase adoption greatly.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Are you excited about the æternity Universe One Hæckathon starting tomorrow???

The hæckathon’s agenda is already on the website:

https://aeternityuniverse.com/haeckathon

Make sure to join the official æternity Universe One Telegram group so you’ll not miss any news or updates on the hæckathon or the conference:

The hæckathon will be live-streamed - expect details very soon!

Best,
Albena

3 Likes

Good Hæckathon morning, everyone :star_struck:

The team is all set and waiting for you in Prague!!!

For those who could not be there, watch the live-streaming here - we start at 10 AM CEST:

Happy Hacking :heart_eyes:
Albena

2 Likes

Fiæt AutonicDex
This is an idea a bout a decentralized exchange tht will enable various people to exchange different crypto currencies directly to their fiat curriencies.

Resolves this issue with a hybrid method wherein order matching is done off-chain with an intermediate party and then eventually using the block
It should also be decentralized.
More will be shared on the hachthon

4 Likes

Decentralized comunity funding.
Following the proposal of allocating some percentage of mining reward for development purposes. I thought about what would be the best way to distribute those resources and involve community into the process.
Aeterniny governance platform could be perfect for this mechanism.

I propose to develop smart contracts which would allocate funds from mining rewords and then would distribute it to most voted github issues.

Threre are multiple problems to solve, like how to prevent fraud, reword calculation mechanism, etc.

But I think it’s interesting

2 Likes

This sounds, like a great idea! Quite complex though)
I wonder why you need a global id and login system. Wouldn’t it be better to strive for anonymity?
Anyways I’m excited to hear more details about your idea!

2 Likes

My proposal is to track bounty/sales comissions/rewards/tips using smart contracts and to present the weekly results on a leader board.

3 Likes

The global login system can provide you with a single login tool for any gaming platform (like Steam, GoG, Epic Games Store, and keep a record of all your data together, like all your achievements. Can be a first step for a decentralized games platform.

At the same time can be easier to find ‘cheaters’ and make cheating in games really a problem for you (fighting against cheating is a complex process and takes lots of resources).

3 Likes

We want to create a Lexon Aeternity application for smart community sign-up and running.

The functionality is to be focussed on registering, paying a fee, which weighs one’s vote, and essential roles in self-organization.

We will use Lexon to articulate the smart contract in human-readable form, which is then compiled into Sophia. This looks similar to this: http://3.lexon.tech

The smart contract driving the work will have some similarity to the Moloch DAO but less be formulaic and more accessible hopefully.

Much of our work will be in the back end, and we are inviting people interested in watching us and discussing the functionality.

We are looking for strong support for the front end programming to create the path from the web to the smart contract.

2 Likes

I’m building a very basic application that can call contracts, add values and i will try to use as many javascript methods as possible

aepp.earlycrypto.com

It is already live hosted on github and you can follow the process here and join me in experimenting

Edit: now i build a trivia game

• create / host a game
  • add questions and answers
  • register players that play a participation fee
  • start the game
  • winner gets paid out all participation fee
1 Like

Identity of Things

The Problem

• when you want to buy luxury products (e.g. a Rolex) you are not able to verify whether it is a fake or not
  • when you receive products (e.g. medicine) in any company involved in a supply chain you can’t be sure whether the package content is being compromised in between

The solution

• a miniscule tamperproof nfc-chip with a secure element (where private keys can’t get compromised) is included in the product or package
  • to verfiy the authenticity of the product the nfc-chip is being used to sign messages
  • the public keys of selected products are stored in different smart contract registries which addresses can be accessed through via AENS
  • the registry smart contract (e.g. “Rolex 2019 limited”) provides a function to verify the signed message and confirm the authenticity of a product

For demonstration purposes we will make use of a JavaCard (https://keycard.status.im/).

4 Likes