Are there any plans to airdrop on Bitcoin holders?

Are there any plans to airdrop on Bitcoin holders?This is part of the old white paper, which also has a positive effect on the promotion of AE. Whether the AE team can give a clear reply to the community, we are very concerned about the time, method and number of airdrops. Thank you!

2 Likes

No airdrop, I do n’t know where the coin came from. Is n’t Yani ’s coin coming to airdrop?

Yes, 1% of initial æternity AE tokens will be distributed to users. However, the details about how this will be done have not been finalized yet. We will inform everyone once we have more information.

2 Likes

Now it’s time to implement the promotion

1 Like

Promotion is key and this is a good opportunity. Done the wrong way and people will just dump or not even know they have AE. With less than 3 million tokens being distributed there isn’t really enough to go to all Bitcoin holders and be a significant amount. So I think people will have to claim somehow within a limited time frame. I think we can take some lessons from HEX to slowly reduce the amount claimable overtime to reward the early claimers and also to penalize whales and to get broader distribution. If exchanges can claim and give to their customers that would also be great and I think I read that AE CEO wants to make this a feature. If a big exchange can claim and dump without giving their customers the tokens then that would be bad

3 Likes

promotting its implementation would be better

I think we should let the governance system vote on how to distribute the airdrop, since I don’t agree anymore that it is the best idea to drop it to BTC or ETH holders.

I rather would like to drop it into wallets of freshly onboarding users for superhero and other useful applications. dropping AE into BTC wallets does not create instant use for the user. dropping it to people who have already AE is also useless.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.But what needs to be solved is how to fairly give AE to superhero novice users.

I support your idea. Airdrop to aepp of superhero and AE ecosystem. Btc holders will only sell digital currency other than btc in exchange for btc.

This idea seems perfect, however, please keep the words of white paper. No honest, no market.

I agree with you.it is benefit to the aepp.

F15E-drops-bombs-afghanistan-1800

1 Like

Hi yani, i agree with you. However before we can do that we would have to lay out clear rules and guidelines as to how the governance would work. I refer to this on the forum as a case and point that we need clarity on

Once the rules are clear then we can vote, at the moment i would vote for your proposal but we need to know first what would constitute a successful vote. Then you can start the vote and give the options you believe are best.

Thanks