Contest: Writers Wanted [RUNNING UNTIL: February 20th, 2019]

Hello community!

The month of February is here and we would like to announce a new contest to challenge your creativity.

This time we are looking for those among you who are excellent writers and have experience in the blockchain sphere. There are an abundance of topics that could benefit from the unique perspective æternity has to offer. In order to be able to cover more of these areas we need the community’s support.

If you are passionate about blockchain technology, you have been following the developments in the blockchain space for a couple of years, and have a good understanding of the technological and “human” challenges that the industry is facing, you might be who we are looking for! This is your chance to not only win a bounty in AE tokens, but also to become a point of contact for the æternity team for upcoming content writing tasks.

Here are the rules:

• Draft a short article in English (500 words max) on the topic: How will blockchain technology enter the mainstream?
  • Mention æternity’s technology and vision in your article. Hint: How do æternity’s tech features and æpps enable mainstream success?
  • Submit your draft by replying below either as a link or as text before February 20th, 2019.
  • After the deadline has passed, members of the æternity team will evaluate the submissions and select the winners.

Keep in mind:

• Excellent English language proficiency is a must, but it is not required to be a native speaker
  • You don’t have to dedicate the article 100% to æternity. ~20% or above is fine.

*The æternity team reserves the right not to distribute prizes in case the submitted articles do not meet the minimum quality standards for being published in the æternity blog.

Winners will receive:

• The winner will receive 200 AE, while the runner-up will receive 100 AE.
  • The top two pieces will be published in the æternity blog and their authors will be credited.
  • In addition to the prize in AE tokens and publication in the æternity blog, the best two authors will be added to a list of writers that the æternity team can contact in the future when a topic of interest is identified. This could potentially become a monthly engagement.

We are looking forward to your unique perspective on what is needed for blockchain technology to become more widely used on a global scale.

Best,
The AE team

pinned globally #2

https://steemit.com/blockchain/@barineka/how-will-blockchain-technology-enter-the-mainstream

Hello, thank you for your submission. However, it is much longer than required and it includes a lot of copy/pasted information. Also, I can see some repetition of facts/points and I feel that you have not been in the blockchain sphere for a long time. :slight_smile: Also, some of the statements regarding aeternity’s technology are not factual. For example, sharding is not currently available on aeternity.

You have correctly identified that aeternity is a community project and everyone is welcome to join it by contributing value to it.

The article copied were properly cited

Hello Polly. Thank you for taking the time and preparing this blog post. Here is some feedback:

I feel that you have been following the industry for a few months and have been primarily exposed to information that aimed to explain why is the crash happening, where did we go wrong and why DLTs are the “serious” blockchains.

“Professionals” from the financial sphere have provided various explanations and reasons fro the above, most of them stating the obvious (what was clear for anyone who has gone through a similar cycle before). On the background of chaos and falling prices, the world of DLTs seems much more stable and business-like. Suits, ties, people who [look like they] know what they are doing. The “too big to fail” guys.

The reality is, however, that DLTs are a variation of the technology that removes the “trustlessness” part. They still follow the old security model based on being granted “permission” and deal with trust based on contractual agreements. The best DLTs can do in the long run is minimize some of the operational costs for enterprises, allowing their shareholders to enjoy more significant gains. Any effect that a DLT has on an enduser is a “side-effect”. As such, DLTs are not blockchain. They are a way to keep profits and control. They are means to preserve the status-quo that the 1% thoroughly enjoys.

A blockchain without a cryptocurrency is not a blockchain. The cryptocurrency is a central element that keeps the incentives of all participants aligned. All decentralized applications that currently exist, require cryptocurrency as fuel. Loving blockchain, but hating crypto is like saying you like cars, but you hate roads.

With that said, aeternity is not a DLT. aeternity is a public, open-source, permissionless blockchain protocol that features a native token - the AE.

Again, thank you for submission. I am glad that you are looking into the sphere and find it interesting. Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. If you look past the chaos, I am sure that you will see that what is really happening is evolution on steroids - thousands of ideas being tested simultaneously. New governance models are being created. Money is being disrupted. Tough problems are being solved. DLTs are allowing corporations to ride the hype without leaving their comfort zone. And blockchain and cryptocurrencies are all about leaving your comfort zone and explore new opportunities. :slight_smile:

Hello Vladislav,

Thank you for this detailed feedback. It is a pleasure for me to see that you have read my article and thought upon it. Your feedback is very useful and informative.

I completely got your point about bockchain being adopted by enterprises and I am sorry if I have misled you with my examples of worldwide corporations – my only aim was to give familiar examples in order to speak to the broader audience and make them think where they have already met working blockchain systems. I am not arguing here about private or public blockchain, I am not questioning the trustlessness or permissionaless of the ideal blockchain. The core of my theory for MASS adoption are the dApps and I am impatient to hear your opinion about that. With that being said, my point is that project such as Aeternity and Ethereum give us the opportunity to build scalable and usable dApps in a completely decentralized way. I don’t see DLT as a negative thing – from technical perspective blockchain IS a DLT without any doubt. Of course, I would also like to see an open-source fully decentralized blockchain but when talking about mainstream adoption at first place, I prefer to stay realistic.

About the cryptocurrencies – no hatred at all. I, personally, own some crypto assets. But once again, when talking about mass adoption, I think it will come with the killer dApp at first. Once we start building usable dApps which solves real problems, only then will the advantages of the blockchain be realized on a global scale. With real working dApps people will regain their trust in the crypto financial system (after most of the ICOs didn’t release any of the products they raised money for) and only then eventualy crypto will be adopt at mass. The issue with crypto is much deeper- we have to keep in mind government policies, regulations, speculations, hindrances and opponents such as banks and other financial institutions. Whereas the more practical implementations of blockchain such as dApps and business solutions on both public and private level, I believe, will be the first mainstream adoption of the technology. Many of the biggest banks and corporations are already thinking and working in the direction to adopt blockchain and no matter lacking permissionless and trustless, no matter private or public, it IS a blockchain. When talking about first mass adoption of blockchain let’s not mess with what we want it to be but what we are more likely to see it being.

Hello Vlad,

Its a pleasure being a part of the Aeternity blockchain revolution and sincerely, i am really glad to be a part of the Aeternity success story.

In response to the above topic here is the link to my answer and submission
Thank you.

What an interesting contest. I will participate in it with pleasure.

This is my article for the contest: