Hello beloved æ community,
I’m currently thinking of writing a Developer Manifesto proposal with you all for every dev who wants to join and contribute to the æ ecosystem. So my question to you: What’s important for you as a developer joining our community? What kind of values should we live and represent to any newby (and even existing community members)?
Here’re some thoughts I’ve made so far:
- We are an open and welcoming community project where no one should work for anyone but for the ecosystem as a whole.
- Everyone should always help and support each other in their best way.
- Any developer shouldn’t be treated by other developers from other community projects like they are just there to support and work for them like a Blockchain as a Service.
- Software development takes time like building a table or chair as an artisan, so being patient and solution oriented is the key.
- Being a good developer doesn’t mean only to know your skills but also being a team player and treating other community members right.
- Being independent and pragmatic is the most important thing for such a distributed project and eco system because of being spread around the world and still a very young technology.
- If you can solve the problem by your own (even if it’s not your main project), then just do it and don’t wait for others to do it for you.
- Make your questions public in the forum and always share your knowledge and solutions with the community.
- Have fun while building and keep your precious curiosity and passion alive which brought you here!
Very excited to hear YOUR inputs!