First (Informal) Meetup in Lagos, Nigeria

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Femi from Lagos, Nigeria. I held my First informal Aeternity meetup on the 27th of October 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria and it was a huge success. The partcipants where awesome and inquisitive and i tried my possible best to give appropriate answers to all questions asked. Here are photos of our session today.

Social media Link: https://twitter.com/kryptocheddar/status/1056329720952954881

Quite a number of questions were asked by participants and these include;

These included participants wanting to know

1. The difference between Blockchain and cryptocurrencies?
    2.How a developer can get started building Aepps on the AEternity blockchain?
  2. If the AEternity base Aepp would support bitcoin and other coins asides from AEternity?
  3. What role AEternity will play when it comes to developing Aepps on the AEternity blockchain (in terms of finance)?
  4. If the AEternity incubator program can be applicable to developers in Nigeria?
  5. How Migration of Aeternity from ERC-20 to Mainet will affect coin circulation?

I was able to answer the Non technical questions, but promised to revert back to participants whose questions I couldn’t provide convincing enough answers to.
Any help as regards questions 2 - 6 will be appreciated.
I also look forward to holding my second and formal meetup.
Cheers!!

3 Likes

Hey Femi,

Thank you so much for your support and for these great photos :slight_smile:

Regarding the questions, I’ll try to help:

• How a developer can get started building æpps on the æternity blockchain? - The best place to start is the æpps FAQs where you will find all the answers you need. Then, the home of æternity’s ecosystem is aepps.com and the developers portal for those who want to create æpps is dev.aepps.com.

• If the æternity bæse æpp would support bitcoin and other coins asides from æternity? - No, it will support only the AE coin.

• What role æternity will play when it comes to developing æpps on the æternity blockchain (in terms of finance)? - A financial support for building applications on the æternity blockchain is provided by æternity Ventures - the second round of the Incubator Program will be open soon and anybody interested can contact them for more information.

• If the æternity incubator program can be applicable to developers in Nigeria? - Sure, there are no limitations, everybody can participate from all over the world. There are, however, conditions that your project should meet.

• How Migration of æternity from ERC-20 to Mainnet will affect coin circulation? - Please give some clarifications about this one - do you mean how the coin will be traded and where?

Regards,
Albena

1 Like

Thanks Albena, for the responses given.

“If the æternity incubator program can be applicable to developers in Nigeria? - Sure, there are no limitations, everybody can participate from all over the world. There are, however, conditions that your project should meet.”

In response to the answer provided above, what conditions need to be met?

As regards the last question what i meant to say is if there won’t be conflicting issues as regards ERC-20 Aeternity tokens and Mainet Aeternity tokens being in circulation at the same time?

Hey @Cryptofridge.chain,

Well, regarding the conditions - the Starfleet Incubator is interested in early stage (seed) projects which nevertheless have already a clear idea and a structured team. A startup willing to apply for funding and mentoring has to have already gathered the right people and defined their roles and responsibilities. Please make sure to share the æternity Ventures website to anyone interested in applying.

Regarding the last question, we don’t think there will be any conflicts. For a while, there will be exchanges that offer the ERC-20 token and others that sell the coin, but we will just need people to be extra vigilant. It is a normal process that accompanies most of the crypto projects.

Let me know if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Albena

2 Likes