Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Token Migration Phases 1, 2, 3

Hi! Need a help again. How long does it take to migrate AE to mainnet if i transfer my AE binance to airgap vault? And after migration is done can i transfer my AE to any exchange supporting Aeternity mainnet?

Hey @Prabal,

You can transfer your AE tokens from Binance to an exchange supporting the Mainnet token, without passing by Airgap.
Find here the exchanges that currently support the Mainnet token and will do the migration for you.

However, again - since Phase 1 ended, that would happen in Phase 2, so you’ll have access to your Mainnet tokens after the second hardfork in May 2019.

Best,
Albena

Ok Thank you very much

Hello,

I’ve migrated my tokens in february, but they still don’t show up.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x194999ba7dfdd233329a0c2ffe8029364946715a335f4f4eb75f26a187ff458e

Status page always shows 0.0 tokens (even from the beginning), allthough the payload says all went well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Hey @sriedhorn, seems like you sent your tokens directly to the contract, which is something we consistently warned you should not do.

The AE Mainnet address starts with ak_;
0x… is an ETH address.

Best,
Albena

I followed the procedure on the migration app. Please click on second link; this is my address: ak_3kYFDNDKiGNFJAxJbLZgHnNkDcBGPhX8KZB3K6Ae5TLCiNdFS

I never even had to enter an ETH address, just followed the steps of the AE migrate app. Used Airgap vault to create an address. Scanned it. And used Metamask to sign the transaction.

The confirmation (data payload) also says all went well.

I just checked again and the balance is now present on Roma-net network:

problem solved.

Ok, that’s goo news :wink:

Hello everyone,

I just added info on the end date of Phase 2 of token migration + a date for the next scheduled hard fork. Here it is:

• When will Phase 2 of token migration, the currently running Phase, finish?

Phase 2 will finish on May 7, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM CET. All AE tokens migrated prior to that date will become available on the æternity Mainnet after the execution of the scheduled hard fork, expected to happen on May 28, 2019 .

Best,
Vlad

Hi I’m new to aeternity.

I just mined some coins as an experiment. They are stored in airgap wallet with an ak_ address.

Do I now need to migrate these? Or are these the tokens on the mainnet and I’m waiting till May for them to become available?

I cant seem to send them to any exchange?

Thanks

These are Mainnet AE tokens. You do not have to migrate them. :slight_smile:

They are available. You can send them to Gate.io. More exchanges are coming up!

All the best,
Vlad

Thanks
Will binance be supporting mainnet AE tokens?

Hey,
Binance confirmed they will support it but we don’t know when :slight_smile:

Will users who lost their tokens in the first migration have a means of getting them back here? I ask because that was mentioned in the past.

Thank you,

John

Hey @JNuzzi,

Any possible solution could only be enforced after the last scheduled hard fork in September 2019.
So, please be patient.

Best,
Albena

I just tried migrating via MEW + Ledger to my newly created ledger AE main net account.
I was redirected to the Vintage MEW and signed and sent the transaction.
But instead of the green notification at the bottom of the screen I got a red one saying “Insufficient funds. The account you tried to sent transaction from does not have enough funds. Required 1200000000000 and got 0.”
There is plenty of AE and ETH in the ETH account being used.
I’m happy to send account specific info in a private message.

@mdave Our devs will come back to you on that ASAP :wink:

Hey @mdave, can you try what @oportunis suggested above?

Let us know if that works!

Hey all,

A general reminder that the Phase 2 of AE token Migration ends on May 7th!

All the tokens migrated during that phase will become available after the second scheduled hard fork on May 28th, 2019 :slight_smile:

Transfer your ERC20 tokens to start playing around with æternity features :slight_smile:

And let us know if you have any issues!

Best,
Albena