From this 51% attack, I hope the team can see its own shortcomings and correct them. Here is a shortcoming in team management that the CEO can improve

Dear All,

thank you for the discussion how to improve the communication in case of security and exchange problems. We definitely need to improve the communication channels and reflect the market needs. Fortunately it was not an aeternity software bug used by the hacker but only a general feature of the blockchain that can be misused for criminal purpose. The future aeternity releases with iris and hyperchain features will provide the higher security making this kind of attacks impossible.

Please feel free to contact us anytime under the Emails: [email protected] and [email protected]

Aeternity Crypto Foundation will be happy to help and support the miners and the exchanges!

10 Likes

I support it

1 Like

Just wanted to understand if the people who have lost their token, will they receive their tokens back ?
or is it a loss

Thanks

Hi Vikram,
there were solutions offers to the exchanges for rewriting in case they keep the values. However we do need their collaboration to do so. I think the exchanges have a problem to understand technically this attack (that is a feature) nevertheless that some major blockchains had already experienced it. We try to do our best and support the exchanges to return the values to the users. Of course also to prevent this attack in the future.

3 Likes

Many users lost assets due to block rollback

抱歉,这些发言来自谷歌翻译,我的英语水平很差。但是我想给AE团队一些建议。
1.团队不能只关心技术开发却忽略市场和用户。最好的产品也需要有人使用。不知道你们是否认同这个观点。
2.AE作为一个公链,与其他公链的竞争就是社区的竞争。中国社区的粉丝群体巨大,但是目前粉丝流失严重。因为社区缺乏良好的维护,缺少和团队进行便捷沟通的渠道。我们迫切的希望团队能够搭建一个便捷的交流渠道,或许能够重新启用一个社区团队。
3.能够和交易所和资本市场进行接触。多进行一些市场营销,因为对于普通用户而言,更关心的是币价而非其他。良好的币价也是反映一个项目的价值的重要指标。优秀的项目市值可能不高。但是市值高的项目,项目生态一定更加繁荣。可能这些话对于谷歌翻译太复杂了。。。
最后,针对这次51%攻击。希望团队也能考虑投资者的损失。帮助我们度过这次难关。项目的发展离不开所有人的努力。
希望AE可以。永恒。希望大佬们能够帮忙传达一下意思,书没好好念没办法 :sob:
@lydia Sorry, these speeches are from Google Translate, my English is very poor. But I want to give some advice to the AE team.

1. The team cannot only care about technology development but ignore the market and users. The best products need to be used. I don’t know if you agree with this view.
  2. As a public chain, the competition between AE and other public chains is the competition of the community. The fan base in the Chinese community is huge, but the current loss of fans is serious. Because the community lacks good maintenance, there is a lack of convenient communication channels with the team. We eagerly hope that the team can build a convenient communication channel, and perhaps re-enable a community team, such as @LiuShao.chain @LiuYang.chain @xixuesky
  3. Be able to contact exchanges and capital markets. Do more marketing, because for ordinary users, they are more concerned about currency prices than others. A good currency price is also an important indicator reflecting the value of a project. The market value of excellent projects may not be high. But for projects with high market value, the project ecology must be more prosperous. Maybe these words are too complicated for Google Translate. . .
    Finally, against this 51% attack. Hope the team can also consider the loss of investors. Help us through this difficult time. The development of the project is inseparable from the efforts of everyone.
    Hope AE can. eternal
2 Likes

@jackcheng Thank you very much for the advices and the concerns. We all want to make an aeternity one of the best crypto projects and surely we will succeed.

It is really a very bad news to see that there are super power criminals overrunning the miners power of the blockchains to takeover the values in the exchanges on a regular basis. Unfortunately now it happens with the aeternity exchanges.

I was working in a network group and the security of the banks was always design carefully with Firewalls, monitoring tools and so on. I am surprise to see that exchanges (used as a bank) try to blame the aeternity open source software for known security problems in their exchange systems. A user rely on the bank software and does not ask the software delevopers for the return of a value if it gets lost in the bank systems. But presently this seems the case with aeternity.

I do see the issues in handling wallets and transaction time in the exchanges and believe they can be solved by a good technical team. Aeternity will be happy to support the exchanges technically to improve their security as needed. This kind of attacks will be impossible in the next aeternity releases with hypechains. Nevertheless as a user I am not keeping my tokens on the exchanges as well as a large amount of money in the banks.

Sorry once more for the lost of value for the users believing in the exchanges!

5 Likes

thank you for your reply
I did not ask the developer to make up for my loss (for the first reply, perhaps Google Translation is inaccurate, you have misunderstood what I meant) I just hope the team can help resolve this 51% attack.

2 Likes

Aeternity core and hyperchain developers are doing their best to support the exchanges. Together we are stronger and hopefully can find a technical solution to avoid the lost of values!

5 Likes

Thank you @jackcheng for your love, I love ae, which is why I became an ambassador. But whether we are a member of the government or not, we are actively working to maintain the harmonious, healthy and stable development of the community.

3 Likes

Yep, 51% is a side effect. AEternity is a decentralised blockchain project. Both the Anstalt and the Foundation help greatly improve the software that powers the network and do their best to make the ecosystem grow. It is really important that neither of them operate the network: that is the essence of being decentralised. This is the only way for a blockchain to be free of censorship and restrictions. So any path forward must include a collaboration between different parties involved: devs, miners, exchanges, community

9 Likes

In light of the recent coordinated attack against a number of well known exchanges, the æternity development team strongly recommends NOT to initiate any Æ transactions until further notice.

Further information will be communicated as soon as a decision is made between/by the affected exchanges and mining pools.

If your account has been affected, please contact your exchange and wait for further updates and instructions from their teams.

Please, visit Notice regarding the recent attack

1 Like

I support it

1 Like

I have good news for everybody. It’s very easy for everyone to push aeternity forward by making it more and better adaptable.

A decentralized blockchain lives off the contributions of its stakeholders - that’s also everyone in this forum here. Believe it or not, the better a protocol is buildable on, the higher is its adaption and the better its stability. If everyone would take an hour or two and contribute just some input to the doc hub, he/she will definitely learn a lot of cool stuff, too. You have my word on that.

Let’s stop crying over the spilled milk and roll up our sleeves. If you need help with that, post in the thread.

https://forum.aeternity.com/t/guide-discover-and-learn-cool-features-by-contributing-to-the-documentation/8354

8 Likes

My solution to prioritize work on telegram

Since I also have skills in making bots, I suggest Instead of involving the core team much with telegram high member chats (Where most of the stuff can be stolen not to be read (The fact on most groups)), We should have a bot to prioritize telegram chats.

Let me suggest: A bot that has a command and following the message string, Which as per the high level priority (Email all core members and CEO) at once and we can make the bot to listen to memebers only once or maybe a bit of voting on certain reply (Like hand raising) before it moves to the email of all officials.

Current technology can setup automated calls, Alarms or what not, need knowledge how to do and all can be done for a proper solution.

4 Likes

@xixuesky

A year ago I made a cross translator for my Belarus friends (Which translates detected the Russian language (Or Belarussian language) To English or Vice Versa using Yandex API),

If that is the problem coming, I have the repo on GitHub of it (Which is private currently) You can make use of it. I gave the bot to many groups. I will help you make it suitable for other languages (if required).

3 Likes

Hello, I have some AE (binance) , because the transaction has been closed can not withdraw money, how can I withdraw money? If you can, please reply to email at 1639967217@qq. com

1 Like

你被忽悠了,你是币安的用户,你的资产在币安。
币安应该为你的资产负责。

1 Like

Hope to pay attention and not forget to move forward

1 Like

There is a long and beautiful road in the world called dream. There is also a very high and hard wall called reality; Climbing over that wall is called persistence; Pushing down that wall is called a breakthrough; The unswerving process is called determination; Do not forget your initiative mind’s efforts are called faith

1 Like