Hyperchains Alpha

Please be more accurate. Does hyperchain(pos) issue new coins or use $AE?

From my understanding, hyperchain is a method of constructing a chain, which can construct a new chain based on any chain, using AE’s code base.

After thinking about it, I have a new question, I hope the developers can help me answer it, thank you.
Does the chain based on hyperchain construction have all the functions of the AE main chain?
For example, I made a hyperchain based on BTC. In fact, I copied the code of AE, and then adjusted it based on my own needs to make a new chain. If the AE mainnet updates new functions later, then I can copy the functionality I need to my own chain again.
Not sure if my understanding is correct.

1 Like

Yes, it would.

1 Like

Hi, I took a look at the linked BTC solution of the STACKS Chain today. They are divided into two roles: miners and pledgers. Miners need to have an account on the BTC chain, and they can complete the transfer of the BTC chain and get the incentive of STX coins.
But according to your answer, I still don’t understand who pays the transfer fee on the parent chain in the design of HC. Can you tell me about the design considerations in this regard? I think everyone should be as curious as I am.
best regards

1 Like

Dear community,

Dimitar (our leading developer for HC) took a short vacation, so we don’t have any meaningful updates on the node front.

We’ve added the “observed validators history” view on the UI, where you can see how stake&balance changes over time. Now we’re working on the ability to stake and unstake

2 Likes

I am very interested in HC recently. Although I am not an engineer in blockchain, I still want to continue to share my thoughts:
Assuming that AE is linked to BTC through HC, and the leader election is achieved by bidding on AE, who should bear the tip of the transfer on BTC? This confuses me.
If the leader election is done by bidding for BTC, then tipping is no longer an issue, because if you want to be a leader, you have to have plenty of BTC, but that seems to make the parent chain more valuable.

The leaders would need to pay for the BTC transaction. They would also be required to run a BTC node additionally. They receive AE as part of the block reward and tx-fees for doing this work.

1 Like

Dear community,

we’re wrapping up an interface for staking via demo UI. We’ll release it by the end of the week.

6 Likes

how to use?

Dear community, we’re working on utilities around the demo UI needed to complete staking functionality.

We need to update wallet provider to support new protocol version dedicated tHC implementation.

Next in line is the Faucet.

Thank you for your patience!

4 Likes

any update?

Dear community, after a long wait, I’m happy to share our updates.

You can access HC Alpha nodes via a new url: https://testnet-hc.aeternity.io/v2/status

HC-specific Base app wallet was deployed under: https://base-hc.dev.aepps.com/
before creating a new account, make sure you’re connected to propper network:

To top up your account, you can use a new faucet: https://dev-faucet-hc.aepps.com/ The limit is 30AE daily.

The new version of Demo UI allows staking: https://hc-alpha.aepps.com/staking

Feel free to play around and let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you for waiting!

2 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Super! Super!

2 Likes

We’ve hit a consensus bug in the HyperChains’ testnet. This is exactly the reason we have this testnet in the first place :slight_smile: it is really important catching those on testnets. For the time being, the network is paused: we need it in order to be able to debug the problem. We will keep you up to date.

6 Likes

Hi, I recently learned that the stacks blockchain is also doing research on hyperchains, and their purpose seems to be to layer the network through hyperchains to increase transaction speed.
Is this the same technical route as ae’s hyperchain? Can the two parties conduct technical exchanges to optimize technical functions?

Dear community,

We identified recent bug in the testnet, and we’re planning a new release with the fix.

We have started working on parent chain connectors, which will be our main focus in the upcoming weeks.

3 Likes

Hi, I have a new question. If the parent chain forks or the parent chain goes offline, what will be the impact on the child chain? After all, it’s all possible.
Looking forward to the developer’s answer, thank you

Or the parent chain delays producing blocks

1 Like

Any forks on the parent chain propagate to the child chain. Anytime the parent chain is stuck, so is the election cycle on the child chain. This is a direct result of the parent chain being the source of truth regarding serialization of commitments and source of entropy. There are some assumptions to be made regarding the parent chain (like - it is stable, not prone to attacks and so on) that the child chain uses to derive its own security. If the parent chain fails - the child chain can not elect the next leader and the current leader remains such until the parent chain issue is resolved. Since we are using BitcoinNG, microblocks would still be produced so the child chain will not be stuck but rather centralized for the time being. This could be solved by providing some voting on the child chain but currently this is not a priority. A great question, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes