Issue with AEProject

Hey guys its me again lol :sweat_smile: … i’m having issues running aeproject.
When i run aeproject env i get this error:

===== Starting node and compiler =====
.(node:12964) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Process exited with code 1
at ChildProcess.done (C:\Users\ALEX PC\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\aeproject\node_modules\promisify-child-process\index.js:42:47)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:198:13)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:448:20)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:12)
(node:12964) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:12964) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
…===== Node was successfully stopped! =====
===== Compiler was successfully stopped! =====
Cannot start AE Node!

Any help???

Hey Emanuel,

Sometimes this error is originated due to the fact you have your docker turned off.
Could you please provide some reproduction steps?

Thanks in advance!

Hris

Hey metselder,

Firstly docker could not be installed on Windows10 home edition. So i had to follow this tutorial https://www.sitepoint.com/docker-windows-10-home/. I was able to get everything setup. So i ran it in my oracle VM Virtual Box and it runs fine. It shows the server is up and running but anytime i run aeproject node after a couple of minutes i get the error stated above. Could it be that it cannot work on Windows10 home edition?

We provide support for windows so this is not to worry about :slight_smile:

Could you please confirm your docker-compose version.
Also, you might be interested in looking at this topic.
Seems you had similar issue.

Please share with us if you need any further assistance, or you managed to run your local env.

Regards,
Hris

2 Likes

Ok after researching I figured out docker could not be properly installed on windows 10 home because enabling hyper V isn’t supported on windows10 home. So I followed this little hack or tutorial https://www.sitepoint.com/docker-windows-10-home/
On how to install docker on windows 10 home and after completion aeproject node won’t still start the node with docker running concurrently

docker compose version 19.03.3,

1 Like

Hey @Emmanuel,

Have you tried with docker-toolbox? Also which version of aeproject you are working with? What is the error when trying to start the node?

Are you sure that this is the right version of docker compose?

Best,
Martin

As far as I can see the latest version of docker-compose is - 1.25.3 released several days aao (2020-01-23)

And latest docker toolbox version is v19.03.1 so I am not so sure what version do you have.

1.24.0, sorry for the mistake, this is my docker compose version