[Postponed] Aeternity NFT standard and implementation

Any update here? I am having a conversation next tuesday with someone that wants to implement NFTs on aeternity.

Would be great if I would have some more information about the current state of this grant.

1 Like

We rejected the grant. Nevertheless I am still building this, because many people need it.

The contract for the NFT itself is almost done. I am still having some issues with safe transfers, which is what’s causing the hold up.

I’ll ping you when I’m done, because this contract needs to be tested thoroughly. And early implementers would help with that for sure. There are a few more people who asked for this.

The design idea is that the contract is as close as possible to the ERC standard, so that anyone familiar with deploying NFTs on Ethereum can do so on Aeternity as well.

After that I will deal with the issue that ERC-1155 tries to solve. That one will most likely not be compatible with Ethereum, because Aeternity offers some neat functionality to do this more efficiently.

1 Like

What does this mean?

@zkvonsnarkenstein.chain Thank you for the report. In case you finally implement the NFT standards please provide a separate final report from this application.

It is a very unusual grant application case. @brianiac.5 has agreed to make the NFT application under clearly communicated conditions but refused to sign recently the standard termsheet provided by the foundation. No transparent reason was given to us. AF is postponing the grant application again.

We encourage the developers to submit a new application on Aeternity NFT Standarts.

2 Likes

I just wanted to add that @zkvonsnarkenstein.chain continued developing a NFT contract independent of the grant.

More information here: Æternity NFT token standard

1 Like