Æternity Product Coordinators / Developers / Researchers Weekly Updates on Friday

Hello…i tried to join the developers call via hangout, guess no one clicked to let me join.

I have plenty questions to ask about aeternity development and how as a developer i can develop decentralized applications on the Ae protocol.

Firstly i would love to know more about oracles since oracles can query real world data and provide information if queried, and there is room for developing/creating an oracle.

I would love to know how a developer like myself create oracles and how the Aeternity protocol can cross check to know if the data i updated/created on the oracle is genuine and valid.

Also i would love a comprehensive and detailed explanation on how state channels can be created/developed since it provides a means of smart contract execution off chain.

Lastly i would love to know as a developer how i can have access real time use case of application development on the Aeternity protocol and also Aeternity seems to love enlang, i would love to know the use cases of enlang in AE development and how as a developer i can utilize this, though to note Aeternity smart contracts language SOFIA is written in a functional manner just like javascript, and to my knowledge Enlang is a functional programming language and Aeteenities protocol is developed using Enlang.

I would want to know where does the various technological peogramming language Aeternity uses like Python JS, Enlang and the likes applies. and as a blockchain developer on the Aeteenity protocol how do i distinguish and know what language fits what in AE development.

2 Likes

Hello @successoganiru.chain

We are sorry you couldn’t join but you can watch the recording of the call above. Please try to join the next call this Friday at 12 PM CEST.

Regarding your questions:

• You can learn more about oracles in the dedicated oracles category here in the Forum:
  • Same thing goes for the state channels category:

We participate in a research group on state channels - you can watch recordings of some of the meetings here:

And we recently had an Ask-Me-Anything session on state channels with Dimitar Ivanov - find it here:

• To get an initial understanding of how AE works, you can check out this list of tutorials:

https://dev.aepps.com/tutorials/README.html

And the Documentation Hub:

http://aeternity.com/documentation-hub/

• The SDKs category will give you more information on the æternity’s Python, JS, Go, Elixir SDKs:

Best,
Albena

1 Like

And I forgot to mention Dacade’s course on æternity - it’s super useful for newcomers:

1 Like

Here is the recording of the live stream of Week #20, a better version will be uploaded shortly

2 Likes

Here it is:

1 Like

Last week’s call - Week #21 - was quite interesting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you want to learn how the core dev team prepares for the forthcoming Fortuna upgrade, or how the Wællet team is working to allow payments through WhatsApp, make sure to watch the recording below:

Many more updates to come this Friday - 12 PM CEST :wink:

Best,
Albena

3 Likes

Week #22 Call Recording is Here:

Check it out to get the agenda of æternity’s WeAreDevelopers Workshop which @philipp.chain and @bruteforce.chain will hold on Friday :slight_smile:

Many more progress reports are available as well :wink:

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Did you go already through the recording of the Week #23 Call?

Here it is - check it out to learn how the AE tools make the transition to the Fortuna release:

It’s short but interesting! More updates to follow :wink:

Albena

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Here are the recordings of the last two calls:

Week #24:

Week #25:

Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts / questions/ suggestions here :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

1 Like

And the core development update is here:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Here’s the recording of today’s call - we’ve renamed it to æternity Development Update:

Learn the latest news on Base æpp, æxpansion proposals or AEXs, SDKs, Dev Suite and much more!

And one major announcement - the first version of the naming system is coming!!!

Share your thoughts and questions!

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hello everyone and Happy Monday!!!

Here is the recording of last week’s development update:

The call was quite interesting - get a hint of the surprises we are preparing for the attendants of æternity Universe One conference, what is the latest state channels showcase æpp, and what’s new with wallets :slight_smile:

Plus, as we already announced - the Stratum support is here!

Enjoy!
Albena

2 Likes

Hello again,

Here’s the recording of today’s development update:

Learn more about the new features and improvements of the browser extension Wællet and the Base æpp, as well as the news around AEXs, SDKs and the core protocol.

We welcome all feedback!

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Hello AE community :slight_smile:

I’m completing the list with the video from week #29:

Again, super interesting and exciting updates on Base æpp, Wællet, SDKs, Middleware, Dev Suite and more :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

2 Likes

Hello all :blush:

The recording of the Week #30 video is here:

The æternity developers had once again many and exciting updates for you :slight_smile:

A few new members joined the call as well - aren’t you curious to find out who they are?

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Hey all :slight_smile:

Here is the #Week 31 video:

Written updates to follow soon :slight_smile:

And again - use this thread to ask questions if you have any.

Best,
Albena

1 Like

@Caya_fura @Chencha this is the last one I promise. Here is the video Playlist with the updates on development. You can join them every friday @ noon. Or if you miss you can still post questions for later. Thanks @albena.chain

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Here is the recording of the Week #32 call:

We had some technical difficulties but that did not stop us from delivering all the exciting news :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Week #33 recording of æternity’s Developers Call is here:

Learn more about the AE token migration, Dev Suite, SDKs, wallets and more :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that ForgAE will from now on be named AE Project!

Best,
Albena

3 Likes

Hello everyone :parrot:

Here is the Developers Update recording from Week #34:

Learn how the team is preparing for the upcoming Lima hardfork and for introducing the FATE virtual machine :slight_smile:

Plus, the hardforks signaling mechanism is on the way :wink:

Best,
Albena

3 Likes