[AMA] Public AMA Call on IRIS

The motivation is that everyone will have an extra token asset. The disadvantage is that the exchange may not actively upgrade to a new blockchain node, resulting in hc tokens not being supported.

1 Like

so from my point of view if we move to hyperchains we should fully focus on that path.

if the community decides to keep the “old” PoW chain working it can do so but it probably wouldn’t be maintained “officially” any longer. so people of the community need to jump in and take over the codebase to further update code.

IMO it makes more sense to focus on hyperchains and get AE listed on more exchanges (again). I think it wouldn’t be good to “split” the community. people would get confused even more then.

of course nobody hinders miners and users to keep the “old” PoW chain running

3 Likes

in situation where btc node discriminate hyperchain delegate and refuse to include delegate txn, where do hyperchain turn to so block can be included? old Aeternity chain can help hyperchain.

Anyway btc miner motivation is money so I think scenario of btc miner boycotting hyperchain is not a realistic scenario.

1 Like

To Litecoin for example. Seriously, after hyperchains the PoW network is going to be so small that the mining power would give no security. Let’s not animate the corpse.

5 Likes