I was curious about this topic because I want to feel more comfortable with handling public addresses and private keys. For example, if I share a public address for whatever reason, I want to be able to quickly determine (visually or possibly with a handy algorithm) that it is correct and valid. The same is true with recognizing traits of valid private keys.
- How precisely are AE private keys generated? (…and is manual generation possible?)
- What does a valid private key look like? (i.e. the composition and format)
- What ways can test if a private key is a valid AE key? Perhaps, not every combination of characters is a valid key.
- How are AE public wallet addresses generated?
- What does a valid public address look like? (i.e. the composition and format)
- What ways can test if a public address is a valid AE address? Perhaps, not every combination of characters is a valid address.
- Are public keys something different than public addresses in AE?