Wallet command and python sdk

Hi!

I’m trying to use the python sdk, and I have some questions:

1. The ‘wallet’ command is not included in the list of commands.
  2. If I need to use other command (for instance, chain, inspect, or any other) do I need to create a node in the testnet or I should I connect with another, already existent, node?

We are trying to develop an aepp in python and we’re not sure about where to start.

Thanks!

Hi there Horacio,

We’ve changed the ‘wallet’ command to be ‘account’, which seemed more accurate–but we’ve not updated the documentation. Sorry about that, and thanks for letting us know. I’ll fix it now.

If you’ve cloned the github repo, you should automatically connect to the edgenet, so you don’t need to do anything. You can create a wallet like this:

(venv) newby@stink:~/projects/aeternity/aepp-sdk-python$ ./aecli account create new_account
Enter the account password []: 
Account created
 Account address_____________________________________ ak_2YvVY59zdsZ1sw9GDnhtFeYWpko2aKrnbhEBSJBibKDDEcJnmd
 Account path________________________________________ /home/newby/projects/aeternity/aepp-sdk-python/new_account
(venv) newby@stink:~/projects/aeternity/aepp-sdk-python$ 

Hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any more questions or feedback.

John

2 Likes

Hi! Me again!
I’m having troubles with the installation of epoch. When I code “make multi-build” in ubuntu the next happens:

===> Compiling _build/default/lib/jesse/src/jesse_tests_util.erl failed
_build/default/lib/jesse/src/jesse_tests_util.erl:96: erlang:get_stacktrace/0: deprecated; use the new try/catch syntax for retrieving the stack backtrace

Makefile:315: recipe for target ‘internal-build’ failed
make: *** [internal-build] Error 1

Also, when I try to “make multi-start”:

make[1]: se entra en el directorio ‘/home/horacio/aeternity/epoch’
make[1]: ./_build/dev1/rel/epoch/bin/epoch: Command not found
Makefile:318: recipe for target ‘internal-start’ failed
make[1]: *** [internal-start] Error 127
make[1]: se sale del directorio ‘/home/horacio/aeternity/epoch’
Makefile:89: recipe for target ‘multi-start’ failed
make: *** [multi-start] Error 2

Then, I cannot run the aeclii with the sdk python.

Thanks for your time!

Hi Horacio,

Can you tell me the version of Erlang you’re using?

j

Erlang 21.1 for Unbuntu Bionic -which is mine- 64bit. 21.1.1 is just for Ubuntu Cosmic. Or should I choose en older version?
Thanks!

Problem is solved. Found needed package, thanks!

1 Like