What Can the Huawei Debacle Teach Us About Centralization?

I will be happy to hear everyone’s thoughts on this.

We can create a cool blog post out of it!

2 Likes

I am so sad about that for so many reasons :frowning:

First, I really like my Huawei phone and I don’t want it to get obsolete and for me to be obliged to buy a new one.

Second, the whole behavior of the US government is super counterproductive - the world should be moving in another direction instead - towards more cooperation and less barriers, not only in trade but in all sectors and industries.

And Google used to market itself as an inclusive company, that cares for the benefit of the world as a whole. The one that invests its enormous resources in the public good. I don’t remember another case of it being so publicly submissive to the wishes of the man in the White House.

I am sure Huawei is a company with great resources but it shouldn’t be forced to produce every single piece of its devices itself. And the destiny of such established market players, and whole industries for that matter, should not be decided by one single person.

1 Like

Most foreigners only know the fantastic products of Huawei, but that’s only one part of this company. I don’t know whether Huawei phones upload users’ pravite information for Chinese government, but I’m sure Huawei stolen many internet communication infrastructure technologies from western companies and further developed to the top under the protection of Chinese government. Western world have tolerated that for many years. Huawei is considered even having fiancial relationship with the government, they can get much money and expand their business all over the world, there are convincing oral statements made by people working in the same industry to prove that. Those behaviors against the rules of free market. As Huawei grows, this kind of development will take over the whole world. More importantly, Chinese government grows every part of high technologies in such way, Western should be careful.

2 Likes

One of the main reasons why you can access base.aepps.com as an progressive web-app is to avoid censorship from app stores and tech giants.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether it’s true or not, but why do you think so? I’ve never heard of this

1 Like

some information about China is very hard to check, but tech-steal is undoubtful true. There are evidence that point out Huawei even have stolen products without changing their instruction books and sale them to the international market.

1 Like

你有什么凭证吗?不要张嘴就叽叽哇哇的诋毁华为,华为每年 的技术投入在国际上也是顶部的。

你似乎在要求我解释为什么人要喝水,投入多少和违反国际自由贸易有直接联系吗,外国人从政府的报告得知,不了解详情很正常,对墙内那么多解剖华为发家史的干货文章视而不见,至少前一阵中兴出事,有员工披露了不少华为的不正当竞争的相关信息,说明书都不改照搬原文的事情完全有据可考,这样的文章虽然容易被封禁,但怎么也不至于没有听说过,华为的核心通讯业务目前很少有人提及,对政府来说手机业务不是重点,未来不久任就会失去他的地位,红顶商人从来都是用了就扔,若是海军,祝你生活愉快,享受华为与墙国给你带来的自豪感

首先我不是华为的粉丝,我没买过华为任何手机或者电脑。但是我觉得华为在商业上是成功的。哪个成功的企业不是靠着别人的肩膀起来的?只能说哪个时间段谁更有优势,谁就能活下去而已。无脑的黑最多也就是表现了个人意志,没有实质的作用。因为你左右不了人家发展。

华为的政府背景不言而喻,各种商业手段本身没有问题,先排除监控隐私方面不讲,华为对于市场来讲最大的问题是违法自由贸易原则,贸易战本身核心问题就在于中国政府对经济的行政渗透严重,通过大量补贴占据市场,进而达成其他政治目的,必须清楚一点,行政对经济的干预是自由市场最大的威胁,公权力于市场而言不是市场场竞争本身所包含的部分

选择区块链的初衷即使如此,政府干预的支持者,对于区块链基本不屑一顾,竞争是否公平不在于谁强谁弱 而在于对于公权力而言的地位以及市场准入等方面是否平等,aeternity之前的宣言说的重要一条就是机会平等。

华为的成功有太多政治因素,精神国企不是白叫的,和中石油中石化一样在世界500强名列前茅,再成功也是政府拿收来的税砸出来的,让美国用同样的手段搞个国企也同样能做到,但是这意味着大量的资源错配和不公平竞争挤压民营企业带来的问题,最终市场激励机制失效,技术不再发展

thanks for the info, I’ll check the news about it

Here is what I wrote on the topic: