Previous Application: [Completed] JavaScript SDK development Q1-2024

Specify the funding category

Open Source Development

Application Title

JavaScript SDK and related projects development Q2-2024

Applicant

Denis Davidyuk – GitHub

Value Application

JS SDK is actively used by onboard and community developers. Some use cases raise features that need to be implemented on the SDK side, the same as bugs that need to be fixed. Dependent projects may contribute to SDK and these contributions need to be reviewed. This proposal is intended to solve these requests firstly, to keep the development of dependent projects efficient.

Additionally, there is a set of things that are known to be good to have, the most important of them are:

Definition of Terms

JS SDK aka @aeternity/aepp-sdk is an NPM package that implements basic functionality for web-based aepp to communicate with aeternity blockchain and to access user accounts provided by the wallet.

Status Quo

A significant part of Ceres compatibility was implemented in the previous grant.

Required Work

After Ceres protocol is finalized need to release one more non-breaking version of SDK supporting that. After that, I would release a version with dropped Iris support and other breaking changes.

Estimate

I would be working 140 hours per month on this (based on my availability for the last 3 months).

Known Limitations

Although I aim at delivering all proposed features as outlined, there may be some higher priority tasks coming up that need to be worked on, thus not every proposed item is expected to be delivered.

Outlook

SDK should satisfy the demands of projects depending on it. In the same, it should be easy to use, well-documented, well-typed, and built according to the modern standards of the JavaScript ecosystem.

Publishment

The work outcome will be published at GitHub - aeternity/aepp-sdk-js: JavaScript SDK for the æternity blockchain and related repositories under ISC license.

Maintainance

Maintenance is part of the proposal and included in the proposed timeframe.

1 Like

Week 14 (Apr 1 - Apr 7)

Time spent: 34.84

Week 15 (Apr 8 - Apr 14)

Time spent: 67.34

Week 16 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

Time spent: 38.94

Week 17 (Apr 22 - Apr 28)

Time spent: 53.37