AENS Name expiration time - Time to make a vote

the auction mechanism can definitely be improved, too. but to improve that we need to put a lot more thoughts and discussion around that topic.

for me personally it’s way more frustrating to not have a working middleware to track what’s happening with auctions. I know this is being improved with the new middleware. in fact the old middleware doesn’t show active auctions for months now!

generally speaking. it should be highest priority to provide users/developers a tool (middelware) to track any on-chain activity. I can’t argue on that very much but I think not having such important piece of software distracts lots of folks that might be interested in building on top of aeternity.

I know it is being worked on. I just can’t understand why the priority of that piece isnt ULTRA HIGH

5 Likes

Just a reminder that the vote is live for another ~2 days - but everyone seems to agree that 1 year is the perfect expiration time :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

yes one year

Did anything happen with this?

The vote was unanimous and in the next protocol upgrade the name expiry time will be 1 year.

5 Likes