Æternity best current practices (AEXpansions)

Where is the right place to brainstorm an idea for an AEXpansion?

or just “current best practice”

Right here :slight_smile: Use this topic or start a new one.

Why we need both ACTIVE and FINAL.

IMHO it creates a confusion. In essence, the ACTIVE state looks to be a final state in your diagram (and there is no reason why it shouldn’t be superseded)

Hey,

I think that both informal and meta proposals benefit from the ACTIVE state, since they cover mostly social aspects, which benefit more from being able to be tweaked versus having many new version of them.
One could obviously also argue that a change of rules might be more visible if they come with an entirely new proposal.

This is just my opinion - I was confused with it. How do you decide what’s ACTIVE and what’s FINAL?

I don’t think there’s an objectively right solution here, so I appreciate hearing other opinions.

Whether ACTIVE or FINAL apply is up to the authors/communities to decide I would say. But for me technical standards should most likely end up being finalized while social conventions can stay active.

2 Likes

@ssh are you interested in staying involved or getting involved here again? I want to revive this stuff and the question is who takes ownership for AEX-1

I want to clean up some old issues and expect more new AEX proposals to be defined in the next weeks and months.

just wondering. I mean it would be cool if you can get active here again. if you are not interested and want to transfer ownership let me know

2 Likes