Example Oracle Pricefeed

Hi everybody,

If I understand the discussion well, there is an important criticism of the lack of real products on the market developed with Aeternity, it is true that the learning curve of Aeternity is a bit chaotic because the documentation has been somewhat scattered, although I must admit that it is improving slowly.

On the other hand, in Valencia, Venezuela, we have a team of people led by @ivanubikalo.chain focused on generating real solutions for the market.

I invite you to know Cash-Flag (www.cash-flag.com), a real project, not a demo, we currently have a minimum viable product with a hybrid application that we are migrating to Aeternity, we aspire to be 100% in production at the beginning of the This year’s 4Q, we are developing it in Valencia, Venezuela where we have a strategic plan to generate real applications with real products based on Aeternity.

We also have another local project led by @rookielector named Reservo and we are training developers to grow the team.

4 Likes

Indeed, in Valencia Venezuela, as indicated by Mr. Luis Rodriguez of @sgcvzla.chain , several entrepreneurs have undertaken the task of developing applications under the AEternity platform, where Cash-Flag is a pioneer, being the first materialized project. I congratulate its leaders and we will continue in the task of contributing to the ecosystem.

2 Likes

I like this thread so far, at least we are talking and forming ideas. And i think both sides of the argument has valid points.

I like superhero, great project but needs users.

Will follow cash flag.

Lets keep on talking and keep the ideas flowing.

1 Like

in fact everybody could build aepps on top of aeternity - but for some reason nobody wants to do that.

To quickly touch on that. The ‘some reason’ is painfully and logically clear. Normal not-hero not-dreamer developers want to work on projects that will for sure be used by a lot of people. They only want to build aepps that they see having the likelyhood to succeed. Just the ‘bells and whistles and the promise’ of the network are enough for you, for me, and for 10 other guys. The other thousand - they need proof.

If the AE leadership keeps bumping their head at the invisible ceiling, expecting developers just to magically ‘believe’ and ‘dream’ and ‘embrace the future’… well, we’ll be here talking about improving things for another year… And then ETH2.0 will come and nobody will care.

The AEpp landscape needs to be kick-started/populated by the internal team. That’s so obvious, it f*ckin hurts - the other approach has been tried for a year now! Proof is in the silent world around us - and in the 2 (5 when it gets hot!) posts a day on this newsgroup.

Also full-scale (with $ rewards, with targeted REACHING OUT, not just post on own Twitter page with slogans) advertisement campaign - giving bounties and rewards and actual reasons for people to port their already functioning dApps onto this medium needs to happen.

1 Like

@gorbak25
About your problems:
1. You’ve got my sword
2. Post an issue in the aesophia repo please
4. REPL is going to be integrated to aestudio and it will hopefully partially solve this problem. We can add some automation tools to it then

1 Like

We’ll be releasing the Oracle FAQ soon, but the general idea is that multiple people independently report median prices for ETH and MKR to the Medianizer contract which then takes a median of these reported prices and publishes a reference price that the system uses,

3 Likes

that’s cool