[Feature] Rich content previews

Since Superhero is all about privacy it will be good the users to know and control which third party services will store cookies. Something like list with check boxes in the profile page.

As for above mentioned YouTube and SoundCloud could be on the list of third-party providers.

I think there shouldn’t be all possible audio and video platforms - just these one that the users like and are willing to tip more often.

Which other providers do you think should be included?

2 Likes

Your question is related to this (probably you have already seen this post above).
I’m not sure about the full list of providers but we can always add more later. @bruteforce.chain I’m just not sure (regarding the dev time it will take) if we need to have personalized cookies preferences in the user profile settings or we can go with general “allow third party cookies” checkbox for the MVP.

@bruteforce.chain asked me to unite design-related work on Rich content previews and Post without tipping into a single XD file.

The unified XD source (Posts and Tips.xd) is placed into the following directory on Nextcloud:

Direct link: https://nx3594.your-storageshare.de/apps/files/?dir=/P1/Superhero/Superhero.com/Desktop/v2/Posts%20and%20Tips&fileid=601661

Directory: …/P1/Superhero/Superhero.com/Desktop/v2/Posts and Tips/

UX/UI comments and elements are updated. Suggestion for the intended behavior of User Profile ID Card. Mouse hover states for some interactive elements are added to design:

I’m suggesting also minor change of the design of polls displayed in the tip feed:

@bruteforce.chain, @maxkpower please check the design suggestions mentioned above. These should be communicated to the devs that are currently working on the rich content previews.

1 Like

[DESIGN] Third-party cookies warning message and Cookies Policy user settings:

TEXT: Texts.pdf (215.8 KB)

LINKS:

Direct link: https://nx3594.your-storageshare.de/apps/files/?dir=/P1/Superhero/Superhero.com/Desktop/v2/Cookies%20Policy&fileid=840649

NextCloud Directory: …/P1/Superhero/Superhero.com/Desktop/v2/Cookies Policy/

@maxkpower @bruteforce.chain @atanaskrondev.chain

Isn’t this cookies section consuming too much vertical space?

1. I don’t think so. It’s present only when the User Profile setting is open (Edit mode). When the user clicks on “apply” all settings will be collapsed. There might be other user profile settings in the future (in even more sections) but they will be displayed only in edit mode.
    View mode VS Edit mode of User Profile is currently implemented.

2. Also, we already discussed with @atanaskrondev.chain that as far as Cookies policy section is concerned the changes made take effect immediately (opposed to taking efect after user clicks on “apply” btn). The reason for this is that user may click on several cookies options and then click on any other navigation link assuming that the changes are kept and applied.

@milenradkov.chain and @maxkpower,

However there is another valid feedback I received while discussing it with @atanaskrondev.chain.
The Cookies policy section makes more sense after the User Info section followed by the not-editable stats section (tips sent/received etc.)

I’m updating the design now to address this issue.

I will note two things here:

• we are not strictly talking about only cookies its basically allowing the website to track you, in what ever form they want (logging your ip, setting cookies, using other identification & storage methods)
  • There is no such thing as allowing all cookies, at least in the backend, you have to specifically store the consent for single domains. This can be build in the frontend of course.
1 Like