Hyperchains Alpha

Today is the next day in the Chinese New Year, it is so good to hear this news. I wish the AE HyperChain has a huge development in the new year.

6 Likes

This week the Core team is working on Delegated Proof of Stake consensus. Together with Staking Smart Contract, it lies at the heart of future HC-Alpha implementation.

Alongside we’re preparing new testnet nodes and UI to showcase new functionalities.

However, in this phase, we’re not covering parent chain anchoring.

DPoS Consensus

We’ll no longer use the term “miner” with a new consensus. Instead, we’re introducing Validators and Delegators.
A Validator is a node responsible for processing transactions.
A Delegator is a user who locks tokens. The number of locked tokens represents voting power. Each Delegator can support multiple Validators by delegating his voting power.
A Leader is a Validator who’s currently producing micro blocks. The more staking power one has, the higher the probability of becoming a leader.

Staking Smart Contract (SSC)

The core functionality of Staking Smart Contract is leader election. It defines rules on electing a new leader from the set of eligible Validators,
as well as determining rewards distribution.

Users can stake via SSC. Provided functionalities contain:

• allowing a user to become a Validator
  • allowing a Delegator to stake chosen Validator
  • allowing a Delegator to withdraw the stake
  • providing staking balance
12 Likes

well done!thank you for the detail report!
Who pays for the parent chain target fee?
And when will the new white paper on the hyperchain be released?

2 Likes

@charles
Anchoring to the parent chain is out of our current scope, but we plan for the Validator to cover the fees.

We’re constantly working on detailed documentation. However, we took an iterative approach, and we’ll be sharing documents as a follow-up to code delivery.

2 Likes

This week the core team is continuing the initial effort of DPoS consensus:

• Currently, we have two different contracts implementations: one with a leader election and another with delegated staking. Once we have a working prototype - we can merge them. The DPoS contract is ready during the leader election. The latest change is the functionality for enabling and disabling a Validator.
  • Leader election and reward distribution are ready: the appropriate leader produces key blocks and signs micro blocks. Later on, the rewards of the fees are being distributed using the consensus smart contract.
  • A node is being able to sync using the new consensus. However, limited checks are still being performed.

We’re preparing for internal testing of the initial implementation.

7 Likes

When will it be released?

@forjuwon we’re planning to release a new testnet by the end of February.

2 Likes

When can I pos my AE in return?

As soon as the testnet is up and running we’ll let you know how to play with it

2 Likes

This week our update is pretty short.

The team focuses on internal testing, paying close attention to leader election.
At the same time, we are refactoring and polishing the codebase in preparation for public release.

4 Likes

When will it be commercialized?

Anything update?

已经3月了,是再一次完美的嘴炮了吗?

Dear community, we’re falling behind schedule.

We’re on a final stretch to deliver a new HC testnet and demo UI. We’re planning delivery early next week.

I appreciate your patience!

3 Likes

There is still a lot of work ahead of us and I cannot provide an accurate estimation for this. We’ll keep you updated

3 Likes

Dear community, due to health problems, the delivery of demo UI will be slightly delayed.

1 Like

Which Github repository is the UI in?

Fabiankrol,thank you for working so hard. We have been looking forward to the latest progress.

1 Like

How long does it mean?

不能每次都落后于计划,如果计划注定延期,应该开始就预留缓冲时间,就好比一个员工,每天都要加班才能干完计划内事情,那会让绝大多数人觉得,这个人是来混加班费的,而且随时可能走人,已经是一个让很多人寒心的项目了,生态,投资人,规划滞后,可能连一个像样的社区都没有。团队难道要学习哪些过世大师?人死了,团队散了,这个这个项目才被人发现?