Hyperchains related work

Some related work for Hyperchains. Keep adding them in this thread.

Blog post: Hyperchains — secure, cheap & scalable blockchain technology for everyone

Yani’s original blog post where the concept is introduced.

Blog post: Understanding Proof of Stake through its flaws.

A three-part article. Part 2 discusses Nothing-at-Stake, and part 3 discusses long-range attacks and Weak Subjectivity.

3 Likes

Sources on Cardano PoS blockchain

April 13, 2020

Medium article, Feb 17 2020:

How secure is Cardano? 26 Jan 2019

Cardano whitepaper, 20 July 2019

2 Likes

Cardano Academic research papers:

Here is the huge library of open academic papers on various topics:

Sidechains:

A bit of documentatio on the technical implementation :slight_smile:

https://docs.cardano.org/cardano/proof-of-stake/

3 Likes

awesome @alexdjordjevic.chain, thank you very much ! could you pinpoint my nose to the doc with the findings and experiences made during the testnet? That’s what would be super interesting to me :mortar_board:

1 Like

Thanks for this @uwiger

We have actually started researching on this, We didn’t knew Yani had a blog on this.

Our thought is along these lines

A fork of Aeternity featuring (POS + ZKP and some more security features for Idenity management)
this is very highlevel but thoughts are along these lines.

One thing i would like to point where Ae blockchain excels is in Idenity system some client have their own Signature Algorithms. Meaning they would like to use their own standards .

I see aeternity blockchain already supports that which is really good.

@vishwas_hypermine

This is great.

1 Like

this could be solved using generalized accounts I think. have you looked into that?

2 Likes

yes we are looking into it

We are waiting for the latest news.

@dimitar.chain @bruteforce.chain

Just sharing here

I looked at his slides. They are not using PoW, or are they?
Want to point out that without PoW one will find yourself trying to solve different problems. Hyperchains utilize PoW of the parent chain in a new way, being potentially as secure as the parent pow chain without the need to pay for its cost, except a few transaction fees.
So essentially every organization will be able to launch and maintain its own Hyperchain easily, if they decide. It might make sense for a lot of people to join hyperchains of others to not have the cost of maintaining it while still being able to transact and vote. Others will even prefer full custody. That becomes quickly a matter of wallet implementation especially for interhyperchain communication, like atomic xhyperchain swaps.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing all your work guys. It’s really important for anyone that wants to understand :slight_smile: