Please AE team must pay attention to this post!

On Blockchain, it would be nice to work with reputation. With the governance aepp there will be weighted delegated voting, you can delegate your votes to anyone you trust and also take them away at any time, in a liquid way.

It is very well described here:

Lg
Emin

PS: i guess i have lost some reputation right now within the Chinese community.

I believe that all Chinese community friends want to cut pow and mobile part of the reward to the holder staking, the price continues to slump, we hope to insist on rewards, not pow’s meaningless dumping! In addition, the ether and zcash of the pow camp are about to move toward the era of staking. They are only unilaterally governed, and there are very few participants. The previous BRI voting is the best example! We want all players to participate in community building, not speculation or watching! Looking forward to the voting function can bring great changes to the ae community!

1 Like

Fantastic! Yes, all you say can and should be discussed as soon as the governance aepp is launched. The aepp is already in public testing. Please try it and give feedback how to improve!

The future or aeternity is open governance and collective decision making.

Ether uses the smart contract to open the era of ico, but this is not perfect, breeding a lot of scams! If aeternity can play a good governance function, use ico+dao to open a new IDO era, maybe this project can make a breakthrough!

2 Likes

This is not about freedom of speech, but about emotional intelligence. This message may be used by people and has a serious impact. If used, it will cause the value of AE TOKEN to fall. A qualified operation should know how to avoid talking about politics. This is the basic quality. Learning to use the human heart instead of being used by the human heart is an esoteric study. Please remove Twitter to avoid being used by criminals.

2 Likes

Hi @xixuesky i agree that you have to be careful when you’re in an representing position like i am. I understand your concern but i also like this discussion and think its important that we talk about censorship, propaganda and attack vectors to the ecosystem like we are doing it here and right now.

I also think that my tweet doesn’t take any positioning. I am also not talking politics, i’m asking what is going on. Don’t you wonder about this yourself?

I really like

Learning to use the human heart instead of being used by the human heart is an esoteric study.

and i also thank you for being polite and explaining the fear that someone will use my tweet to market against aeternity by trying to sell it as the communities opinion and not my own. I will consider if i take down the post, but right now i can not think of any way how criminals would use this tweet against the aeternity community.

If you want to spread fake news and propaganda, just do it, its very easy. I think if we allow open debate and for example point people to this forum discussion, we will get way more out of this then just deleting a tweet.

Emin, I get in interested with ae because it is decentralized. I also agree with you that a country should be democratic. However it is not a good idea to talk about politics of China in public, it may hurt ae team. Chinese market is one of most important market of ae, and Chinese community always is your powerful support. At right now, the most important thing for ae community is to develop ae ecosystems.

Agree with you that the open community need debate, But what we can see is that you spreaded fake tweet news from someone who has prejudice with the Chinese government and Chinese people.If you want know the actual facts ,you can learn more from the internet or from the Chinese community members,instead of spreading fake news,before your comments.

Yes yes, i agree. Its like stupid Elon Musk supposedly smoking weed in front of TV (which he didn’t, it was CBD).

It also harmed TESLA a lot. But do you think i’m really taking position with asking “Whats happening”? Because i really want to know. I fear for friends of mine in Hong Kong and i have seen protest like this before in Turkey (i’ve Turkish roots) when they where attacking the Gezi park. When this happend, i was in the middle and thought i’m going to die and i didn’t understand why the police hit peaceful protesters so hard (here is an article about it https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/world/europe/police-attack-protesters-in-istanbuls-taksim-square.html)

I know that China is an very important market. I like to see the whole Blockchain ecosystem as one too, not looking at it from the perspective of “markets”. We are decentralized. I love the Chinese community and i have many friends there.

The beauty of Blockchain is, that it is 100% open. There is no way to block anyone from using aeternity, even so we highly disagree on certain topics. There is no way to censor or stop someone from building an aepp, creating a token or even forking the whole protocol.

I don’t want to make the Chinese community angry. This was never my goal.

1 Like

Why do you say its fake news? Is the video fake? From my point of view i only see brutality. Brutality which i would not accept from protesters OR police. No one should attack people physically for no reason. I’m afraid of seeing this escalating more and more. Seeing more and more videos of people nearly killing each other. Being against violence is not judging. If you have a video of someone throwing stones or molotow cocktails towards the police, i’d share it and say the exact same thing. Shit, whats happening.

1 Like

You didn’t do anything wrong, but in China, the blockchain circle is quite complicated, and someone will use this tweet to create fake news. Everyone in the blockchain circle wants other projects to fail.

I think every project that tries to win through marketing and propaganda will fail. We must produce better technology (and i think we do).

aeternity is one of the most advanced protocols, i’ve written about this here, i hope we can focus on technical arguments and not on propaganda and marketing.

## Why aeternity.
If you are familiar with basic Blockchain principles and Smart Contracts already, start with learning about aeternity's unique features. The aeternity protocol ships with a rich set of features and functionalities out of the box. A full specification and documentation of the protocol can be found on GitHub https://github.com/aeternity/protocol

### Technical Advantages Compared to Major Platforms:

- Confirmation times ~3 Seconds
- No scaling limits with built  in trust-less off-chain State Channels
- Highest security standards with a type safe VM and functional Smart Contract Language 
- Low-fees on-chain due to a highly optimized Consensus, VM and native transaction types
- No-fees off-chain for transactions and Smart Contract executions in State Channels
- Private transactions and Smart Contracts in State Channels
- Highly flexible Generalized Account model supporting all-types of signing options
- Built in Oracles for accessing external API's and real world data
- Built in Naming System for human readable names

Reference implementation [written in Erlang](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_(programming_language)) by industry experts, the Language that powers 90% of today's world wide web.

### Universal
The aeternity protocol can do everything that you expect from a Smart Contract Blockchain platform like Ethereum or others. It can be used to power **Games, Payments, Identity, Decentralized Finance, Registries, Token-Economy, Logistics and more.** Some of the things are not yet invented that will be built with aeternity. **The future is yours.**

### Secure
aeternity is built with security in mind. The reference implementation is written in Erlang, following all standards of high-quality software engineering. Recurring security audits and intensive property based testing are part of the daily work of the protocol developers.  In its security aspects on Blockchain, the aeternity protocol gets shipped with a type safe virtual machine called FATE (Fast aeternity Transaction Engine) which was engineered to boost efficiency (gas consumption) and security (type safe). Together with Sophia, a functional smart contract language that supports formal verification, the aeternity protocol provides an uniqe take on Blockchain and smart contract security. A highly paid bug bounty program is availabe for security researchers 

### Scalable
In order to scale to billions of users and transactions the aeternity protocol provides trustless scaling through off-chain state channels. Without compromising on security state channels allow peer to peer transaction between users and the execution of smart contracts off-chain. This way aeternity has no limits in scaling. The network consensus of the protocol is fast. In average up to 15 times faster with a higher transaction throughput then comparable protocols. The confirmation time is as less as three seconds, which especially comes into account when looking at user experience.

### Efficient low-to-no fees
aeternity is equipped with dozens of unique native transactions types for State Channels, Oracles, Names among others. All functionality is optimized to work with minimal gas cost. Additionally, once established, within off-chain State Channels, there are no fees for transactions or smart contract executions. On-chain, with Bitcoin-NG, the consensus mechanism of the protocol allows for more transactions and gas (smart contract executions) per block. This relaxes the fee and gas market and leads to lower cost. Combined with the execution of smart contracts through the highly effient FATE VM, less overall Gas is needed. Additionally with off-chain State Channels, the aeternity protocol reduces the on-chain transaction and smart contract execution volumes massivly, which lowers the fees. 

### Interoperable Oracles
Oracles are a special type of transactions on aeternity to request and provide data from data providers and APIs. If a smart contract for example is in need of todays weather data, a oracle request transaction including a data schema can be broadcasted on chain. Data providers can respond to data and charge a fee for providing the response. The other way around oracle provides can register on-chain and provide all types of data for free or by charging a fee. This allows smart contract developers to interact and build upon all sorts of APIs and create applications which are dependend on outside data (for example the current price of Bitcoin at a certain time).

### Open Source
The protocol and all essential developer resources are fully open source. There is no proprietary license whatsoever. The development is transparent and everyone can start contributing via GitHub, the Forum or physical Meetups. 

### Decentralized
With Satoshi's heritage in its core (Nakamoto Consensus) the protocol is build to be decentralized. Everyone can host a node and start mining, connect to the network and help to secure the chain or verify transaction. The network is operated by an community of thousands of nodes. It is fully trustless, there is no central authority, no master nodes or kill-switches. With Cuckoo Circle, aeternity has choosen a highly efficient proof-of-work algorithm which is the first graph-theoretic proof-of-work, and the most memory bound, yet with instant verification. 

### Public and Private
The aetrenity protocol is using the accounts model. All transactions are public by default. Aeternity allows a very flexible and open design of accounts, which is called Generalized Accounts that enable signing transactions with a high flexibility. Cryptographically the protocol uses Blake2b (256 bits digest) and ed25519. It supports Schnorr Signatures. The communication between nodes is encrypted with the noise protocol. Off-chain State Channel transactions and smart contract executions are fully private unless published on-chain for dispute resolution. It is easy to setup a private Blockchain network (example for Enterprise or Public Institions).

### User Friendly
A build in Naming System for human readable names allows you to point names to accounts and contracts (Example: ak_XbqHDRYPbuw3eVopLycGLwJY2mJGZfDBinaD1VAo7S4nYhii3 becomes yourname.aet). This makes transacting tokens between peers easiert and can help to make smart contract code more readable and upgradable. 

### Governance 
The aeternity community is governed by miners, users and developers. Through hard-fork signaling node operators can show their support for hard upgrades. All token holders can join a weighted delegated polling mechanism through an mobile and user friendly app with verifiable results on the aeternity Blockchain. Discussions are taking place in chatrooms, online forums, public events and in the aexpansions repository on GitHub.

### Development Sustainability
The protocol is rebust and reliable and build to last for aeternity even without maintanance or the development of new features. Nevertheless, the aeternity crypto foundation currently receive around 10.8% of the mining reward to support the long-term development and maintanance of the core protocol and essential resources. There is an open R&D Grant program available at www.aternity-foundation.org aswell as a Development Bounty program for contributors. To enable entrepreneurs and business to launch their own startup, there are programs for entrepreneurs www.aeternityStarfleet.com and a venture fund www.aeternity-Ventures.com to kickstart even more.You didn’t do anything wrong, but in China, the blockchain circle is quite complicated, and someone will use this tweet to create fake news. Everyone in the blockchain circle wants other projects to fail.
1 Like

Media always let we know what they want us to know. I hope your friends are healthy, happy and free.

1 Like

I think we really need learn more about what happenned in HK.Maybe the picture is manually modified for some purpose,it didn’t demonstrate the actual fact. We all know that some people who are secessionist,they attack the police ,they use violence. they spread some news and pictures like what you saw to mislead people on the internet.

I’ve done other research too. I also don’t like people throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails (like i wrote above) look at this for example https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1168544707313643522

Who knows what is true. I really don’t know whats happening…

Edit: you think i should do the same post with this video? Would that help anyone?

The code for ae is very efficient, and the ideal is great. What I want to say is that it is not about propaganda, it is that others will attack us, and use some fake news,Because of your tweet, which is very bad. We need to avoid these unnecessary battles.

1 Like

Yes i didn’t ask for that battle but its like paying a blackmailer, if you do that once, you will always be in the weak position doing it again and again. I would rather have you and the smart people in the Chinese community to defend and debate openly then to just back off.

Edit: i really understand your concerns but i know that aeternity will not take any harm from this. Technological advantage will win. Look at the propaganda happening in Bitcoin, at the end, adoption is everything.

Maybe you don’t know, we can’t openly debate, no one knows if the next day will appear in the police station.

4 Likes

In China, all political topics are not allowed to debate. In fact, including our current topic, all content will appear on China’s filtering server.

2 Likes

This is super sad. I’m offering you free debate with me on any topic you like. Here, on telegram, signal or wherever you want. I think its important to exchange thoughts, opinions and positions.

And it is totally ok to agree to disagree.

Thank you for this good debate.