What's the plan about inflation rate?

Your idea is too naive. From 2017 to 2019, I have used my personal relationship to promote the ae in the blockchain circle. However, due to the additional issuance, my reputation and money have suffered huge losses. Now I do n’t have the ability to help ae. Please think about why this is the case before you accuse others of not doing anything.

4 Likes

Aeternity is delivering.
The problem is that there is no USP. What are the reasons someone should pick Aeternity instead of Ethereum? Let’s think:

1. Speed: Currently the ae network can process 100-200 tx/s. There is no actively developed, widely used side chain which can scale up to thousdands tx / s. In Ethereum there is one of the best research community and awesome development showing how to scale up to 1000 tx/s without sacrificing safety.
  2. Gas cost. AE is cheap an AE network costs are much lower. However the Aeternity blockchain is way less secure: It’s costs $61,000 / hour to attack Ethereum. For aeternity it’s roughly $614 / hour.
  3. Side channels. It’s still not production ready. In Ethereum we have many solutions fully operational and tested.
  4. Token business - since the network is weak, no serious project will put his token business on Aeternity.

As somebody told you, Bitcoin had no ICO and initial block reward (thus inflation) was irrevelant and in fact only determined how many coins will be created in total. Aeternity had the worst setup ever. No clear announcment about inflation that caused huge losses for ICO investors. Also wasting million of dollars to pay miners to secure immature network. This basic mistakes causes the loss of credibility of the project and its team. The risk of using, investing and programming on AE is too high.

2 Likes

so, with bitcoin you don’t want to compare it? satoshi did no ICO but mined a million bitcoins? but also not with ethereum? the approx. “inflation rate” was clearly stated within the terms and conditions of the campaign and quite similar to the one of ethereum.
what losses are you talking about? the token price in the first contribution campaign was way lower than the current price (opposite of loss). crypto markets have generally been very volatile, most projects from 2017 don’t even exist anymore. huge losses? you are clearly spreading FUD here.

2020 will be the year of the aepps.

closing this thread since discussion goes off topic. please use the governance app to vote on this issue.

2 Likes