This is the mandatory structure for a grand application template. Please copy it and make it yours.
Please note that this template ist mandatory for the grant application in order to be reviewed by the AF bord.
Last updated: 01.02.2024
Submited by: Sebastian Borrazas ([email protected])
Team: Sebastian Borrazas, Rogerio Pontual
Approved Budget (in h):
Used Budget (in h):
Planned Delivery: 31.03.2024
Open Source Development
AE Middleware Q1 2024 feature development and maintenance
The upcoming grant will build upon the foundations established by the previous one. We will be leveraging the progress and insights gained from the previous grant to further advance our research and development efforts. This will involve building upon existing changes and exploring new ideas to continue improving Middleware.
The middleware is an indexing api for the aeternity core node, it exposed data in ways that the core node can not or is not supposed to be.
It is heavily used by various projects in the aeternity ecosystem such as the explorer, superhero wallet and dex, but available for everyone to consume or host themselves.
The overall goal of middleware is to expose all data in aeternity blockchain in a structured, filterable and developer friendly way.
The efforts invested in the preceding grant primarily focused on maintenance tasks and bug fixes. Additionally, a few features were introduced, such as:
- Integration of support for DEX trades and swaps through the incorporation of new endpoints and filters.
- Introduction of new counters within the statistics endpoints.
- Maintenance and bug fixes, mostly related to latest node version
The upcoming work will predominantly revolve around maintenance tasks and bug fixes, or any urgent changes necessitated by other teams. These are the current required tasks planned for it:
- Revise Swagger v2 file and upgrade to Swagger v3 Standard
- Integrate a new endpoint (/names/:name) into v3.
- Ensure that the log file is aligned with the node’s log file for better compatibility.
- Improve name search functionality by making it case-insensitive
- Incorporate a transaction trend feature to showcase activities within the last 24 hours
- Adapt DEX endpoints to use cases refinement
- Improve contract related activities events providing AEX compliance
- Changes needed for application performance and issue monitoring
- Verify and tag contracts as non AEX-9 compliant
Our team is dedicated to the project, and we’ll be allocating resources based on individual availability. Additionally, we’ll prioritize tasks according to the urgency of requests to ensure timely delivery.
Although we aim at delivering all proposed features as outlined, there may be some higher priority tasks coming up that need to be worked on by the middleware team, thus not every proposed item is expected to be delivered.
As we continue to evolve the project, new features will emerge. We’ll need to collaboratively evaluate and prioritize these features to enhance the overall functionality."
During development there will be new releases published and deployed continuously.
We publish our work in the official AE repositories.
Maintenance is part of the proposal and included for the approved timeframe.