AE Token Migration Questions

Why everything is so convoluted and odd? Is it possible to start migration already? You mentioned Ledger, airgap, etc. There is no support for AE (except erc20) in Ledger, no support in Airgap as well (except erc20). When and how to start migration? Where is a migration application? You are making a rocket science from a simple contract execution process.

1 Like

Hey @_dog and @sammy007,

We are currently preparing detailed guides on token migration and will share it with you very soon.

You’ll have all the information you need.

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Hi,

will it be possible to migrate AE tokens to AE coins on exchanges in the first half of 2019 ?

Thanks,
Martin

What happens if I decide to keep my tokens? If they are migrated to main net will I be able to sell them if wanted?

We cannot promise you this, but I personally think it is very likely.

You will be able to sell your Mainnet AE once an exchange starts supporting it or OTC to other users. So if you migrate now, you will not be able to manage your AE before Mainnet launch and then you will need to wait for an exchange to list it.

Thanks Vlad! All clear now. Go aeternity!

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately i sent my AE tokens from my liqui account to my bittrex account (Long story) and they (Bittrex) don’t support AE tokens… this is the reply i received from Bittrex…

Is there anyway i can get these tokens registered on the mainnet so i can potentially count on them in the future? This is of course dependant on Bittrex listing the coin !!

Bittrex does not currently have the this coin listed on the site. These coins cannot be recovered at this time. Should we list this coin in the future there is a possibility we may recover these coins. Please submit a ticket requesting recovery if this coin becomes a listed coin in the future.

Fingers crossed…

Cheers

1 Like

Unfortunately, it seems bettrex will never list AE token. Because when AE mainnet alive, they will list AE currency if the want.

Hi, I’m trying to migrate using MetaMask, so after that I scanned address QR in migration site and select MetaMask in order to continue with process I receive message " Not enough ETH / There is not enough ether to complete this transaction", how can I do in order to follow, I doesn’t have Ethers just AE tokens.

Hey, you need to have some ETH on the address that has your AE for gas fees on the ETH network. I think 5 USD in ETH should be more than enough.

1 Like

Good! I passed this point. Now I’m facing following problem: after I putted amount of AE Tokens and click on “Make Transaction”, MetaMask prompted me to confirm transaction but at the end I has this message “ALERT: Transaction Error. Exception thrown in contract code.”. So I’m not sure if I should confirm transaction. Can you help me?

Hey @leocardo,

Our devs suggested that you don’t confirm this transaction, but start over instead.
If the problem persists, please make screenshots and send them to us.

Regards,
Albena

Maybe a stupid question but the price of the AE token will this allways be the same as the AE coin price? I can imagine after mainnet nobody wants to buy the AE token anymore? So this means normally a price drop when people wants to sell them through a exchange? The price of AE currency will probably wants to rise due to market demands? How does this work? Is the price the same for both or is this gonna change? Can somebody explain?

Tried 3 or 4 times more, same problem. Here print screen

Hey @leocardo,

The most common cause of this is low gas fee.
Please try to run your transaction data through our verify tool. To do this, copy your payload data om the screen before the one you posted and send it to us.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @albena.chain,

Running verification process: result OK, by other side, I’ve ETH 0.0595 in Ethereum wallet where are stored AE Tokens and ETH 0.0668 in Ethereum wallet in MetaMask, how much is neccesary?

Our devs think that everything looks fine and there is no reason for this error.
So the only thing we can suggest at this moment is for you to log out of MetaMask and log in again or to use MEW.

Please try and let us know how it went.

Hi @albena.chain,

I follow your indications, it work perfect with MEW. Thank you so much!

Great! I’m happy it worked :wink:

2 Likes