Æpp ALERT: tip your favorite content creators and causes with Superhero!

a fully p2p social tipping tool for mainstream public good.

Superhero.com - light bg - stacked

The æternity development community is pleased to announce the official launch of Superhero.com : a fully peer-to-peer social tipping platform that can be used to support content creators and good causes instantly without third-party intervention — which means no funds lost to commissions.

Superhero is FREE FOR ALL to use.

This is an open source tool that can be used by any website, company, organization, or individual — and can be tweaked for their own purposes.

Superhero is available in a range of formats:

• Superhero web wallet — through Superhero.com ;
  • Superhero wallet extension — available for Firefox and Chrome (Chrome extension can be used for any Chromium-based browser);
  • Superhero mobile wallet — available for both Android and iOS ;
  • Superhero widget — add the Superhero button to your website to instantly receive tips from visitors.

All tips sent through Superhero are aggregated in Superhero.com .

Users can also interact through the Superhero platform — set up your profile, connect your .chain name, comment on fellow Superhero’s posts, tip content and causes that mean a lot to you. The Superhero developers are also working on building better profiles and functionalities to make the platform even more powerful for content creators and change-makers like yourself. More on this soon.

Help the æternity community make the world a better place!

Superhero is continuously being improved. Any insights and feedback from the community are welcome and highly appreciated.

Those who have development skills are also encouraged to contribute to further improvements. Go to the Github repository to check out the code and play around with it. The developers will continue to work on improving the documentation to make it as easy to navigate as possible.

If you are interested in using Superhero for your own website and need some assistance, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].

Thank you for supporting the community. The world needs more Superheroes like you! :blue_heart:

Superhero Basic Samples for SM (1)

12 Likes

Everyone can be a Superhero.

3 Likes

I’m already a superhero~

My Superhero ID: ak_ZdB1tZuxmK1ET1uaMWSDw3Dos7aYDUy1bijsYAdpQCA5EuVaa

5 Likes

Can AEknow check the ae token sent by Superhero. I know that the AE token is transferred through a smart contract.

3 Likes

Thank you~ AEKnow.org will support decoding some information of Superhero, there is a brief plan in the slides here: Brief Introduction of AEKnow.org and AEKnow.chain in SuperheroLeague China #1

You could only check the tip amount, such as: th_21WxwZc6qpTsJwYazBkSCTuM8dRKoRcGsky66L44SUns4QtHiR of Aeternity - AEKnow

amount 2.0521e+19 means that 20.521 AE was tipped.

It’s not like the mechanism of AEX-9 Token: th_24khbg4tcHKyt1S7cgYnuK5SjPTbRJguerFHRPTeGFqKZgNg8i of Aeternity - AEKnow

3 Likes

Well done ae team. I really like the superhero idea, the wallet and layout, browser plugins. Everything to be honest. And a good base to build on.

6 Likes

@theScientress.chain When my article was commented by other users, I did not receive a notification. This affects the interaction between users, I think this is a problem that needs to be solved.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out @Black, will investigate.

Excelente!!!

2 Likes

Awesome aepp, is there a registry for verified URLs?

1 Like

my question is => how to get verified or “appear as verified” in the Superhero extension?

2 Likes

“Verified” URLs are simply URLs that have already been claimed by a Superhero user–meaning somebody has added their Superhero wallet address to it and claimed tips.

Once you add your wallet address and successfully claim a tip from a URL, it becomes Verified. I agree this term needs to be improved. “Verified” is not really the accurate term.

Could be just be marked as a “Superhero URL” or something. Any suggestions for the term?

I think the question is what we want to achieve here. for pure URLs it’s specifically difficult when tips are sent to tweets.

are people interested more in whether the owner of the domain/profile is verified or whether a tip for the same URL has already been claimed?

currently it’s quite confusing I think.

Are you speaking in the context of identity verification? I think this would have to be somewhere farther down the roadmap. Not sure how complex it is to make. But I know identities have a really large range of use cases so definitely something to think about.

no I mean if I think about “verified” in the context we describe then where should this information be collected from?

• profile / domain
  • URL

let’s take twitter as example. a person tweets 10 times a day and 7/10 tweets each receive a tip. for 0/10 tippers the “profile” would be marked as verified although we know that the recipient received the tip for the previous tweets.

I don’t know what’s the best way. maybe this “verified” marker should be discarded in general :smiley:

1 Like

That was my thought as well. :laughing:

Good afternoon,

I have some doubts about the use of the donations button:

1. Can I prefix the amount?
  2. I did a test to understand the system by sending 1 AE and it was deducted from my account, it was sent to the contract, but it has not yet reached my other account, where it arrives and how it is withdrawn, I gave the button to claim tip and he threw this message at me, but that was 3 days ago and nothing has come yet, what am I doing wrong.
  3. What is “verification”, I have tried several times and it always appears as Not verified.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you

1 Like

Your name cashflag.chain does not have pointers to an account, so the oracles cannot resolve it and rely the tips when you try claiming.

https://mainnet.aeternity.art/v2/names/cashflag.chain

Try setting pointer to your account and then try claiming again.

2 Likes

Thank you @bruteforce.chain

I already corrected the error, can you help me with the other two questions:

1. Can I prefix the amount?
  2. What is “verification”?
1 Like