Æpps Registry for Wallets

The Base æpp team has built an æpps registry in the form of an æpp, which is hosted as a regular HTML page.

You can view it here: http://registry.aepps.tech/

Also in the Base æpp:

What does this mean for you?

If you are an æpp developer, you can submit a PR to the repository where this list is maintained to add your æpp. The file you can edit is this one: aepp-base-home-page/apps.json at master · aeternity/aepp-base-home-page · GitHub

We will review the submissions and if your æpp is suitable will merge the PR.

Please note that in order for æpps to be rendered properly in the list they need to have a manifest file which adheres to the spec in AEX-130: https://github.com/aeternity/AEXs/blob/master/AEXS/aex-130-aepps_metadata_format_specification.md

You can use this manifest files as reference: aepp-base-example/webmanifest.json at master · aeternity/aepp-base-example · GitHub

If you are a wallet provider you could consider including the list in your wallet. The æpp which creates the list supports bookmarks (as seen in the Base æpp). If you have any questions about how to include this list in your wallet (or other project) feel free to reach out to the Base æpp team via GitHub issues (in the app-base-home-page repo).

6 Likes

Wow this is great. I will add my trivia game soon! Good that you have started this initiative and its really time. I hope many people will submit their apps to the store.

Who checks them that they are not fraudulent?

Thanks!

This is the big question: who does the fraud checking in a decentralized marketplace?!

My personal opinion (æternity’s opinion may differ) is that we should maintain 2 such lists:

1. a list that is more stringent in its choices of aepps and has more centralized reviewing process… because it implies a certain level of trust (because it’s included in the Base aepp).
  2. community voted list… where we promote/facilitate fraud checking in decentralized way.

In an ideal world the 2nd one takes off and gradually makes the 1st one irrelevant. We would need to put in some work to make this happen though.

You are welcome to share your input on how you think this should be handled. I’m suggesting the above because I see it as the most practical approach to decentralization, while avoiding risk.

The community. I think we don’t have that many apps yet so the checking will be quite simple at the beginning. When it becomes too much, we can do more measures against fraud.