Æpps Update: JavaScript SDK

Hey everyone,

Our latest æpps update is again dedicated to developers, but this time we introduce our JavaScript SDK and command line tool.

Read the blog post to learn how to install and use the SDK and how to incorporate it in your project.

What’s more, you can follow the newly created @aeternityTECH Twitter account focused specifically on tech updates from our blockchain and æpps teams.

Best regards,
Albena

1 Like

This is an exciting dev tool. Perhaps, one of the more important to have available. :slight_smile:

I noticed in the github that example:
./bin/aecli.js wallet mywallet create`

But I read in another forum post that the command wallet was changed to account.
Is this true with the JS SDK?

I haven’t downloaded this SDK or even tinkered with it yet, but just curious if the commands in CLI implementations stay current with each other.

Hi there _dog, and thanks for getting in touch,.

At this point everything is now using ‘account’. We’ll update the documentation today so that everything is clear.

HTH,

j

1 Like

(I 1st replied to the wrong post, this is the correction.)

How do you decrypt your private key from an account file that has been generated with the JS SDK? E.g. with
bin/aecli.js account create ./account
how to decrypt the private key in ./account?
I’m aware of
bin/aecli.js crypto decrypt <directory>
but this wants a directory in the format of the Epoch node storing public and private keys in separate files…

Also, how to provide the account to other commands that output

Please provide KEY_PAIR for sign transaction

For example:

goldmund:aepp-sdk-js babarr$ bin/aecli.js contract compile test.sophia 
Please provide KEY_PAIR for sign transaction

(I’m aware that one doesn’t really need the account for contract compilation, but I think I saw this also elsewhere.)

can js sdk make transcations?

There was an option to show private park too in the python sdk. idk if it was done in js too