Æternity Blockchain Will Be Used to Track Cannabis in Uruguay

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Here is the first major announcement coming after æternity Universe One:

æternity is partnering with Uruguay Can to track the production of medical and recreational cannabis!

We are working on a supply chain management platform that will combine Internet of Things and æpps:

Best regards,
Albena

4 Likes

Great work Pablo and team! Thank you!!

3 Likes

@albena.chain Hello. Can you please elaborate this, and where can I find info about this statement ”The canadian company’s Global Cannabis Applications Corp (GCAC) announced few days ago the opening of a subsidiary in Australia to projects with blockchain.”

Thank you

Hey @Troggle, I am not sure where did you see this statement exactly? If you read about it on Cointelegraph, maybe you should ask them. I have no information about it.

Best,
Albena

1 Like

Quite interesting, thank you!

Incredible development!

1 Like

Wow, really? Not that I am very concerned about it or something like this, cause I am not smoking, no, but it is really exciting how those technologies are evolving nowadays. That’s really impressive. Yesterday, it was not even possible to think about buying something online and now we are able to track products and things, insane. I would like to see if it’s still possible with places like https://www.mailorder-marijuana.com/ though. Seems to me that it’s a little bit impossible because of the architecture and payment settings, but it’s interesting.

I heard that Uruguay since 2013 is the first country in the modern era to legalize cannabis. I think it is good that aeternity is partnering with Uruguay Can to track the production of medical and recreational cannabis. Maybe someone is skeptical about this topic, but I would like to say that cannabis is used in medicine and helps many people. Research conducted by the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis (AAMC) has linked cannabis to stabilize blood sugars, lower blood pressure, and improve blood circulation. However, one of the biggest medical benefits of cannabis is its link to fighting cancer. There is a good amount of evidence that shows that cannabinoids can help fight cancer or at least certain types of it.

2 Likes