Aeternity build error

When I tried to build the GitHub - aeternity/aeternity: æternity blockchain - scalable blockchain for the people - smart contracts, state channels, names, tokens, I alwasy gets an error as follows.

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/mnt/d/aeternity’
===> Fetching swagger_endpoints (from {git,“GitHub - aeternity/swagger_endpoints: Generates endpoint code from swagger yaml specifications”,
{ref,“47f1b7a”}})

[core]
===> Fetching jesse (from {git,“GitHub - for-GET/jesse: jesse (JSon Schema Erlang) is an implementation of a JSON Schema validator for Erlang.”,
{ref,“9126f3db675977f11da8da9b61dd4003f8449618”}})
===> Fetching jsx v2.9.0
===> Fetching yamerl v0.6.0
===> Skipping jsx (from {git,“git://github.com/talentdeficit/jsx.git”,{tag,“2.9.0”}}) as an app of the same name has already been fetched
===> Fetching rfc3339 (from {git,“git://github.com/andreineculau/rfc3339.git”,
{tag,“0.2.1-r15-compat”}})
===> Errors loading plugin {swagger_endpoints,
{git,
GitHub - aeternity/swagger_endpoints: Generates endpoint code from swagger yaml specifications”,
{ref,“47f1b7a”}}}. Run rebar3 with DEBUG=1 set to see errors.
===> Fetching aesophia_rebar_plugin (from {git,“GitHub - aeternity/aesophia_rebar_plugin: A rebar plugin to generate or validate sophia smart contracts while building your project”,
{ref,“df113cc”}})
===> Fetching aesophia_aci_encoder (from {git,“GitHub - aeternity/aesophia_aci_encoder”,
{ref,“41d0427391ad9c153a5af1a4dcb9b361c4f425b0”}})
===> Fetching aesophia_cli (from {git,“git://github.com/aeternity/aesophia_cli”,
{ref,“37e3ac85d912d953ff76e3022fdbef9ab8742569”}})
===> Errors loading plugin {aesophia_rebar_plugin,
{git,
GitHub - aeternity/aesophia_rebar_plugin: A rebar plugin to generate or validate sophia smart contracts while building your project”,
{ref,“df113cc”}}}. Run rebar3 with DEBUG=1 set to see errors.
===> Verifying dependencies…
===> Fetching aesophia (from {git,“GitHub - aeternity/aesophia: Stand alone compiler for the Sophia smart contract language”,
{tag,“v6.0.0”}})
===> Fetching aesophia_cli (from {git,“git://github.com/aeternity/aesophia_cli”,
{tag,“v6.0.0”}})
===> Failed to fetch and copy dep: {git,“git://github.com/aeternity/aesophia_cli”,
{tag,“v6.0.0”}}
make[1]: *** [Makefile:411: internal-compile-deps] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/mnt/d/aeternity’
make: *** [Makefile:230: ct-iris] Error 2

I know a work around for it is to change all git:// url in the project into https://. Besides this approach, is there other better way?

Below are the steps to reproduce the error.

1. Checkout repository.
    git cloen https://github.com/aeternity/aeternity
    cd aeternity
    git checkout v6.3.0

2. Build
    make local-build

Hey there, what guide are you following? Are you sure you have all the libraries needed before doing that?

https://docs.aeternity.io/en/stable/build/

1 Like

Hi @ae-omar , The steps in Build from source - Aeternity node documentation works in v6.2.0, doesn’t work for v6.3.0.

1 Like

What error are you getting now?

is this the Apple M1 problem again? didn’t check the logs. just wondering

I met the error in office, and not at home. I know where the problem is: my company has blocked the git protocal port 9418.

3 Likes