Aeternity Marketing and Advertising

That is not a constructive proposal. We should learn to not only complain but to give our solutions and proposals.

1 Like

Well let’s start from what’s good in the marketing/advertising part, then we see where we go from there? There are so many things going on left and right targeting differenr segments of people, it’s hard to catch them all.

1 Like
  • Ads on Coin Cap Ranking Websites (they are highly viewed, people go there to research new coins)
  • PR articles on Coindesk & similar (ads don’t work well on content heavy sites since people come for the articles. Aeternrity should do something unique and noteworthy and distribute pre-written PR style articles that can run on such sites. They will either be run directly or be rewritten for the publication.)
1 Like
  • Interviews with Yanni and AE developers (well spoken ones) on podcasts and YouTube channels. Discuss AE’s technology and why it scales better than Ethereum, advantages it will offer to users & developers, & why it’s exciting–the future vision. At the end, mention where listeners they can go for more info & where to acquire AE (e.g. Binance). (Research to find most popular to spend time best. Maybe start with some smaller ones to practice.)
1 Like

In my opinion the very first step should be to avoid using the term “marketing”. Why not starting to say “building and promoting aeternity’s community” (never underestimate the power of wording!). The long time goal should be a voluntary and organic growth and community. Also it should be an own unique Community Identity established (I just wrote a dedicated forum post regarding to this two days ago). Why did people join aeternity and what is it that aeternity’s community should improve and focus on to stand out from other Blockchain communities? If you believe it or not: This has been the most commonly asked questions whenever I’ve been talking to people at different crypto conferences: “What’s so unique about aeternity compared to other Blockchain projects? Why I should decide to start my next business on top of aeternity?” So it would be nice if there would be a general common sense whenever this is going to be asked :slight_smile:

But apart from all that I agree with:

• launching the new website finally (nowadays super urgent to have an appropriate presentable website!)
  • having more voluntary and passionate content producers like @Josh.chain, @bruteforce.chain from hack.bg etc.
  • getting the attention of more technical writers to aeternity’s ecosystem who truly understand and love aeternity’s unique technology
  • organizing an own conference like DAPPCON
  • focusing on having a better documentation and general easier onboarding for newby developers
  • having a way more open chat room possibility like ConsenSys/truffle - Gitter
  • in general more noisy tech evangelists/ ambassadors like @nikitafuchs.chain :smiley:
6 Likes

I like the idea of a open discussion on popular youtube channels and especially explaining to people what sets ae apart from other blockchains. Especially trying to reach people who have not heard of ae or who have heard bit not bothered to look further into it.

2 Likes

I like your wording regarding "building and promoting aeternity’s community” :handshake: With regards to why people joined ae and what sets us apart, we know the answers but there are millions of people out there who either have never heard of ae or that have but they dont know these answers. My question is how do we get more people exposed to ae and these answers. How do we get more followers on twitter, youtube, telegram so that we can tell them. Its no use preaching to people who already own ae as they know, we need to get more people into the fore.

Regarding the website, nothing more i can add.

3 Likes

Hey guys,

We just launched this. Have a look. If you have ideas → let’s hear them.

2 Likes

is the new website still in the works? can you give a hint whether we can expect it to come in 2019?

1 Like

Where is the failure, why more and more failure? AE

1 Like

Hey @beijing

Tell us what do you mean exactly.

I think that all of digital marketing tools are good and all of them should be used

Yeap, you are right, but you should use the right tools for your company because not all give you a good impact.

I think currency price is the best marketing. :laughing: Does the team have dedicated market value management?

1 Like

For those who are worried about marketing please follow our proposal here. Making a strong dev community will help a lot on achieving everybody’s goal.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi albena,beijing means why did AE lose out to other currencies, and why did AE get worse and worse, in what aspect did AE lose.

1 Like

The lower the price, the more people will use AE. How naive of him to say such a thing!

Price is justice

I agree that the money has no contribution here, I don’t think that after that more people will be interested. I’ve seen this thread before, but I realize that nothing has changed. Furthermore, I think the lack of popularity is because AE is not promoted properly. This takes time and investment, but no one is willing to do it.

1 Like

I also have a site that started it didn’t work at all, but I turned to https://blazemedia.co.uk/,and they helped me with everything related to marketing and advertising. I think that sometimes we have to take radical measures to get a result.