Æternity meetup in San Sebastian (Donosti)

Hi guys, yesterday I had a Meetup in San Sebastian (Donosti) in an Impact Hub. There were around 18 people in the audience from very different backgrounds: one lawyer, investors, developers, one miner, some Blockchain enthusiast…
The meetup had a big discussion between public and private Blockchains: there was a guy presenting a Blockchain document registration tool that uses Alastria, a private Blockchain donde by Spanish Banks and he was talking about it like an inmutable database! I had to interrupt and tell him please don’t say it’s inmutable if there are 15 nodes that control the network, he finally recognized that it was not inmutable but that you can trust that they are not going to modify the content of the network. :thinking: Scam? They say that their Blockchain fits to the Spanish legislation and that’s why people should use it! It’s not even a Blockchain, it’s an absolute fraud :dizzy_face:
Any way my presentation went well, the guy tried to attack the Aeternity Oracles in many different ways saying that why you need and Oracle if there are companies that already give you trustful information.
The cool thing came with the beers after the meetup. The guys from Bilbao that receive funds from the European Union for Blockchain development want to go on with our partnership, and I ll send right now his contact to @lukaskywalker.chain.
Also I met a miner that is interested in mining AE
And maybe the best was a contact I made with the owner of a company for charging stations of electric cars that saw in State Channels the right way for his business. I’m also giving his contact to @lukaskywalker.chain.

Right now I finally have few days off until the last meetup in Madrid, it’s being 5 meetups one after the other, looots of km but still has being a so nice experience:I met really cool crypto enthusiasts and I ve learned a lot.

Thanks to all for your support to my tour.

3 Likes

Way to go :))

Looking forward to the connections and thanks again for your hard work. It’s highly appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Manel you rock :metal: Thank you for all you’re doing :slight_smile:

1 Like

More photos of the Donosti meetup :slightly_smiling_face:
@erik.chain
@albena.chain

2 Likes

Here are more pictures from @Manel’s meetup in San Sebastian:

2 Likes

Nice job Manel! hope you are having fun despite of all the hard work.

2 Likes