We are preparing a new release -
6.4.0. Its focus is on usability.
The biggest changes are in a new admin CLI. It is meant for node operators to have a better control over their node. It is being used as:
bin/aeternity admin <command>
It allows interacting with the transaction pool and network peers.
It currently supports the following pool functionalities:
- Push of a new transaction to the pool. It has a force option in order to
skip the checks if the transaction had already been deleted in the past
- Delete a transaction from the pool.
- Check the current size of the transaction pool. It comes with options for
showing only transactions that were visited/not visited during this
- Inspect a transaction currently present in the transaction pool. It
provides number of failures and TTL.
- A getter and a setter for the minumum gas required from this node in
particular. This allows scripting node behaviour with varying gas price
It also supports the following peers functionalities:
- Inspect peers - currently
blocked. They are returned in a list but there is also an optional
argument to return their count instead.
- Add a new peer - add a new peer to the unverified list. This new peer
will follow the same verification process as if received by other peer.
There is also the option of adding a trusted peer - those are a special
set of peers that are always kept in the
verifiedbucket and are never
unverifiedeven if they are offline.
- Remove a peer by their peer id.
- Block and unblock peers -
blockedpeers are considered malicious entities
and the node will not attempt connecting to them. It will also refuse
incoming connections from
It also comes with improvements and bugfixes to the devmode. Those will allow it to be included in devtools. There are also some bug fixes in HTTP endpoints, sync improvements and the rollback script.
This all will go in the
6.4.0 release. I will keep you up to date with the progress of the release.