Æternity Telegram Tipping Bot (TipBot)

Hey @vlad.chain,

has the core team already defined notations for the Æ-units? We want to provide a unit-conversion in our SDK if this is already the case.

The main idea behind withdrawal is to allow the person to send specific amounts of AE out. Since the minimum divisible unit is aettos it remains to sense to use the minimum unit to avoid using coma or period to separate floating point/coma (this changes from locales and language)

I refuse to switch the unit because doing so will effectively prevent the user from clearing up the account.

I invite you to change my mind regarding this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First of all, thank you for the bot aepp! Please also share your technical challenges and problems here so we can assist you and other people that run into similar problems can re-read and hopefully find a solution to their problems too.

1 Like

Hey, OK :slight_smile: However, is it possible to add a command for “MAX” withdrawal? That could be helpful too.

1 Like

Hey,

Have a look here: put denominations into code - Pivotal Tracker

I am trying to find out if there is consensus on a single naming convention.

Best,
Vlad

1 Like

there is a command for max withdrawal. it has been in the description of withdrawal for a bit over a month

1 Like

Update July 14th, 2019:
Now the text added after the tip amount either in direct tip or reply tip will be stored as payload to the spend transaction in the blockchain.

Explorer Aepps | criesca’s mw explorer | AEKnow.org explorer

Please note the payload field is a base64 encoded field with the following format:
ba_[base64 encoded string]
Also note that the encoded string is made up of the [payload text] + [4 byte checksum]
So the last 4 bytes of the decoded string are checksum characters and shouldn’t be displayed.

As of the date of this post only the Custom middleware explorer and AEknow explorer support showing the decoded payload directly.

1 Like

Hey @Kryztoval is your software open source?

Yeah it is, however there are a couple lines of code I would rather not divulge due to the old “security by obscurity”. I haven’t given it more thought on how to solve that.

Oh and it could use a lot of tidying up. But besides that sure, it is open source.

Why do you ask? :slight_smile:

Emin, the code has been reformated and only 2 functions are private now, with example implementations for the base funcitonality. Those are the ones that get the password for the wallet and decide where to store the wallet.

The idea is that if you do not change anything the walled could be named after the user id and the password could be the user id. Or you could chose a different naming scheme, or you could store the password in a database, etc. This is the only two functions I would rather not divuldge because I (regreatedly) decided to do obfuscation on that function. I can upload it to github or provide it to anyone who requests it :smiley:

2 Likes

@emmanueljet Requested the source code. I have sent it out.

5 Likes