AirGap Vault on an iPhone 4s

Hi,

I am new to aeternity and wanted to install AirGap Vault on an old iPhone 4s with iOS 8.2, but AirGap needs an iOS version >= 10.
It is not possible to update the 4S to iOS 10, so I am searching for a way to do it. Perhaps, you know a way?

Best Regards,
Ulf

Hi Ulfa,

you can also check the base.aepps.com for the base aepp wallet.

Hi Mark,

what I want to do is to create my private Key on this iPhone 4s and put it on a secure place.

Is base.aepps.com the right place to find the functionality for creating the private Key?

Hey, no. The most secure ways to store your keys are Ledger and AirGap Vault. Unfortunately, if your phone does not support the iOS version, you will be unable to use AirGap. The best way forward will be to get a Ledger. Or maybe find another device on which you can install it - maybe a cheap/old Android one.

Best,
Vlad

If you are going with less secure mobile base aepp you will have a 12 word phrase, that is essentially your private key

Using the Base aepp also means that you generate your key online, so it is less secure. Depends on how much tokens are we talking about. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

In my knowledge you can upgrade to ios 10 from 4s but you would have to root your device which is illegal. Other that legal matters, your device will get extremely vulnerable. Hackers will be able easily hack your device. They will be able to hack you apple id, bank account etc. You won’t be able to get help from apple’s customer service because of rooting. Usually they even help to Reset A Forgotten Apple ID Password but with rooted device, nope.