AMD RX 570 and 580 mining software

Isn’t there AMD RX500 series mining software yet, is it?

I successfully started mining on Ubunto 18.04, but it is CPU mining. It does not uses GPU, don’t know why.
I am not sure if it should have used the gpu. But maybe is the node that does not support this graphic card.

Can someone explcain how to mine with RX 570 and 580?

Thank you

Hey @reinaldo83

Please refer to this thread - there are currently no Cuckoo Cycle miners for AMD.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Greetings,
Albena

1 Like

Any Update on AMD graphic cards mining aeternity

Not at this point, unfortunately.
We will keep you posted as soon as any new information is available.

Best,
Albena

I am running a mining farm with 1500 Mining rigs. All are AMD GPU’s and I am eagerly waiting for the AMD miner to mine Aeternity. Thanks for the update and keep posting any updates about the miner

1 Like

Hey @palepuarun, AE mining using AMD GPUs is now available, did you try it already?

MinerOS is.quite terrible and the “installer” raises.red.flags. not recommended.

1 Like

We have an AMD miner that is ready to test. Message me if you would like to try it out.

2 Likes

Interested. send me link.

Are you running Ubuntu 18.04? We use the AMD Rocm driver.

I use ubuntu, yeah. 64 bits.

Does your @droidifi miner incorporate the 3GB mod by @tromp ?

It’s a configurable option but speed slows ~30%.

Hi, can I try your miner for AMD?

Still good enough for old rigs that are essentially standing around collecting dust. Can you fill me in on the testing ? I want to help as I can. And obviously use it later on :slight_smile:

We can put the binaries up on Google drive. You need to set up Ubuntu 18.04 and then install rocm (apt install rocm-dkms). Make sure you do not have the amdgpu-pro drivers installed, rocm is a replacement.

The miner is two parts - one binary replaces the cuda29 binary that comes with epoch (~/epoch/lib/aecuckoo-1.2.0/priv/bin/cuda29). The other can be run either interactively or as a system service.

Our cuda29 binary sends mining requests over a socket connection to the server. The server is ~30% faster than the Aeternity method of shelling out and re-initializing the GPU’s for each mining attempt even on Cuda cards. (We have a Cuda version available as well).

Let me know when your machine is ready and I will send over a link.

Machine is ready. Can plug in 4x 580/480. Be quick @droidifi because soon there will be 2080ti to go into that rig

Can you send me a link to the AMD miner as well? I’d love to check it out.

So how about AMD performance in AE mining, guys?

Still nothing on windows? :open_mouth: