AMD RX 570 and 580 mining software

Hey @palepuarun, AE mining using AMD GPUs is now available, did you try it already?

MinerOS is.quite terrible and the “installer” raises.red.flags. not recommended.

1 Like

We have an AMD miner that is ready to test. Message me if you would like to try it out.

2 Likes

Interested. send me link.

Are you running Ubuntu 18.04? We use the AMD Rocm driver.

I use ubuntu, yeah. 64 bits.

Does your @droidifi miner incorporate the 3GB mod by @tromp ?

It’s a configurable option but speed slows ~30%.

Hi, can I try your miner for AMD?

Still good enough for old rigs that are essentially standing around collecting dust. Can you fill me in on the testing ? I want to help as I can. And obviously use it later on :slight_smile:

We can put the binaries up on Google drive. You need to set up Ubuntu 18.04 and then install rocm (apt install rocm-dkms). Make sure you do not have the amdgpu-pro drivers installed, rocm is a replacement.

The miner is two parts - one binary replaces the cuda29 binary that comes with epoch (~/epoch/lib/aecuckoo-1.2.0/priv/bin/cuda29). The other can be run either interactively or as a system service.

Our cuda29 binary sends mining requests over a socket connection to the server. The server is ~30% faster than the Aeternity method of shelling out and re-initializing the GPU’s for each mining attempt even on Cuda cards. (We have a Cuda version available as well).

Let me know when your machine is ready and I will send over a link.

Machine is ready. Can plug in 4x 580/480. Be quick @droidifi because soon there will be 2080ti to go into that rig

Can you send me a link to the AMD miner as well? I’d love to check it out.

So how about AMD performance in AE mining, guys?

Still nothing on windows? :open_mouth:

you can use minerOS,the 2 miner support AMD gpu mining.

How to use minerOS ,you can see https://forum.aeternity.com/t/tutorial-aeternity-mining-on-mineros/3246/2.

I found out this program can mine with AMD GPUs under windows. Wow, this is interesting

1 Like

Hi, can you please send me a link to the AMD miner as well? Would like to check it out!

I have 3 test machines with xbuntu 18.04 loaded on them.

If the software works on Ubuntu server 14.04.03, I can have some rigs up real fast, since its already installed.(I prefer the older fglrx 15 drivers)

I see benchmarks for AMD cards. Support for 6GB cards in there too ? 7990 specifically

afaik it supports 4gb cards