Announcing Bounty for Updating Tutorials!

Hello everyone,

As you all know, the æternity team is consistently delivering protocol and features upgrades. Unfortunately, as a result of that, most of the development tutorials have become outdated.

In an attempt of both easing developers’ experience and involving the community, we announce an ongoing bounty for fixing outdated tutorials.

The size of the bounty is $150 in AE tokens and is payable upon review and approval of the update.

Any interested developer, please contact us here so we can provide the tutorials considered a priority at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Albena

7 Likes

If this offer still available so I want to join please , here are my works : charingane – Medium
My telegram account : @charingane

1 Like

Thanks @charingane, I will contact you via Telegram!

Here is a list of the prioritized tutorials for this bounty:

TUTORIAL : [How to Get Testnet Funds?]

TUTORIAL : Smart Contract Deployment in AEproject

TUTORIAL : Deploying Sophia smart contracts with init parameters

TUTORIAL : Sophia basics - owning a smart contract and owner privileges

TUTORIAL : How to Get Started With Unit Testing Using forgae

TUTORIAL : Smart Contract usage with the Javascript SDK

If these tutorials are updated and running correctly, you can also update other tutorials, but please talk to me first to make sure there is a reward for your work. Also you can possibly create new tutorials and be rewarded if you can explain things useful for æternity developers that haven’t been mentioned in our existing tutorials yet: GitHub - aeternity/tutorials

Please write your AE wallet address in your Pull Request so we can reward you for your contributions, thanks!

5 Likes

Hello!

I didn’t find this tutorial on GitHub: TUTORIAL : Deploying a Smart Contract on æternity with “forgae” the page is broken.

Please, check it.

@sinonimboga.chain It has been renamed: tutorials/smart-contract-deployment-in-aeproject.md at master · aeternity/tutorials · GitHub

2 Likes

Here is an update on the updated tutorials, thanks for your work @justin @emmanueljet and @jesulonimi! :clap: :clap: :fire:

These tutorials should be working now, please try them out and report issues directly in the Github repository:

TUTORIAL : How to Get Testnet Funds?

TUTORIAL : Smart Contract Deployment in AEproject

TUTORIAL : Deploying Sophia smart contracts with init parameters

TUTORIAL : Sophia basics - owning a smart contract and owner privileges

TUTORIAL : How to Get Started With Unit Testing Using forgae

TUTORIAL : Smart Contract usage with the Javascript SDK

TUTORIAL : Sophia Vote Contract

4 Likes

Thanks @jesulonimi for contributing with this tutorial for the Java SDK!

TUTORIAL : How to make wallet transactions on Android using aepp-java-sdk

Anyone can contribute with new tutorials, feel free to send a Pull Request to:

2 Likes

This is to inform everyone that the TODO List tutorial has been updated. Also, videos explaining Part 1 and 2 of the tutorial series is now on YouTube. Use the below links to check out these updates.

TUTORIAL: How to build a To-do list Æpp - Part 1

Code Update

https://github.com/emmanuelJet/tutorials/blob/to-do-list-aepp/build-to-do-list-aepp-1.md

Video Update

TUTORIAL: How to build a To-do list Æpp - Part 2

Code Update

https://github.com/emmanuelJet/tutorials/blob/to-do-list-aepp/build-to-do-list-aepp-2.md

Video Update

Warmest Regards.

4 Likes

Thanks @emmanueljet you did a great job. This will be a very good help for the aeternity community.

3 Likes

@emmanueljet don’t forget to push the PR to aeternity repo

1 Like

Hi @ae-omar, I have sent a PR already. Find the pull request using the link below:

Regards.

2 Likes

This is to announce to everyone that a new tutorial on making aeternity wallet transactions with aepp-sdk-js has been made, you can presently find the github tutorial here and a video explaining the tutorial can be found here.
Also, a PR has been made and it can be found here.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello everyone, the documentation-hub has been updated with the below-listed Getting Started tutorials:

The video tutorials are made available on @aekiti YouTube channel at:

Regards,
Jæt.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

You can now make use of the Updated SmartShop Sophia Example to learn how to interact with two or more contract and lots more at:

https://github.com/aeternity/aepp-sophia-examples/blob/master/examples/SmartShop

You can also go through the tutorial video for more details on YouTube at:

Regards,
Jæt.

5 Likes