Can you delete a wallet from base.aepp?

Hello All, in the process of attempting to migrate, about 15 or so wallets were created in my base.aepp (long story). Is there a way to remove a wallet from there?

Thank you,

NUZZI

Probably @stoyan.chain or @davidyuk can help here.

1 Like

Hey

There is no way to remove accounts from the Base aepp. The accounts you have made are based on your private key. Even if they are not displayed by the Base aepp they will still be there on the aeternity blockchain and will be based on your key.

We will eventually make an interface to hide some of the accounts you made. For now our next move is to change the UX to prompt you to confirm you want to make a new account (so you don’t endup multiple ones without thinking about it).

1 Like

OK, thanks. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying. I did not specifically create these accounts. They just magically appeared as a result of failed migrations.

Thanks,

NUZZI

I understand. I know this is ghetto workaround, but you can always start a new master account/recovery phrase and send yourself the funds there.

2 Likes

Also it should be possible to recover the same wallet with the seed in this case and base-aepp only shows accounts which have a balance greater zero.

2 Likes

ha. that’s a neat trick!

2 Likes

Could I just uninstall the bae æpp and then redownload from apple then reinstall/recover using my pass phrase?
I also have about 7 unwanted accounts created when migrating.

You don’t need to re-download and install it. You just have to click on Reaet Key Storage

2 Likes

We implemented a confirmation request in case anyone taps New account multiple times in a row by accident.

2 Likes

Hi @stoyan.chain :slight_smile:
GuanTou of the Chinese community found that after a wallet was created by base aepp, a password was set. Then exit the lock, click Restore Account under the password, and re-enter the mnemonic. At this time, the wallet created is not the default main address, but a new sub-account. This can be confusing.

By the way, he asked if this found a bug? He thinks you can invite him for a coffee.

1 Like

Did he have a balance in the 1st account?