Cannabis & Blockchain

Looking forward to speaking to someone at aeternity regarding the applications for blockchain and the emerging Cannabis and Hemp industries.

5 Likes

@Newocork22 and @Dan from Cannomy could have something to say here :slight_smile:

https://forum.aeternity.com/t/cannomy-your-portal-to-the-planetary-cannabis-economy/5175

1 Like

Did you hear of AE being used for cannabis supply chain tracking in Uruguay?

2 Likes

It’s been six months. How is the project going?

3 Likes

Working on the platform while speaking, hopefully we will deploy by March 2020

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t quite understand your description? What project will go online this month?

Hey @xupei, I think @ae-omar is referring to the partnership with Uruguay Can on tracking cannabis supply chain management.

1 Like

Exactly! We will shortly have news about it.

2 Likes

I’m also curious about the cannabis blockchain projects! Any updates so far? Do you actually consider to transport cannabis from Uruguay?

Hi @RobiN0963 the UruguayCan cannabis project was launched and it’s working since a couple of months, they are now working on a new version with adjustments and improvements to their business model. Anyway , the project consist on tracking all plants stages information from sprout to packaging on aeternity blockchain following Good Agricultural Practices and Manufacturing. Even though æternity has nothing to do with exporting cannabis, this platforms makes a lot easier to export from Uruguay.

3 Likes

Thank you for answering me. Probably, I didn’t said it more precisely, but I am curious about logistics and if it is legal to send cannabis based products from Uruguay. Is there any way to do it legally? I use CBD oil, and I am thinking about to start making my own. Saying in advance, I would like to start with some small samples for myself, and then maybe for retailing. I usually order it online on knockoutcbd.com, and quite happy with their vape juice and CBD oil in general. But I think it’s a good idea to make your CBD oil. The only question is how to do it legally.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, good to hear this project is still on schedule. Is Pablo still involved?

Hi @inowhaveaename.chain, thanks for your interest. Pablo left the company some time ago. But the project is still alive. If you need further information please let me know.

1 Like

If possible I’d like to know about the state or progress of the projects he was involved with aeternity Americas since univerese one conference please, celestial wolves gaming, the robotic supermarket, the sparkling tequila, governance voting for Uruguay political party, devs studying Sophia at uni…been little to no information about these ventures, have they folded/succeeded? Etc

Hi @ominous.chain, I can speak for some of those projects:

1. Cannabis traceability is working with UruguayCan and they are working on a second version privately funded and using aeternity blockchain.

2. Digital Party was a proof of concept, they didn’t reach a seat on the parliament (what would boost the need of this tool) so it ended there, at least for now. But I know of some other political activities sport related that would be interested on such tool.

3. The robotic supermarket worked great during Labitconf, I know that the robot was installed on a fuel station near to Montevideo airport and there is still the option to use AE tokens to buy. Anyway the objective was to show how fast transactions are on aeternity during the event.

4. University Sophia courses where a great success IMO ( I know I’m biassed as I was the teacher except for when we got @philipp.chain with us) but we brought Sophia to more than a 100 devs and today we have some startups working and testing Sophia. We spread the word about aeternity and during the last blockchain summit we were mentioned by exporting agencies as a relevant tech company being present in Uruguay

4 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply. Celestial wolves was the one I was most interested in hearing about. Are Uruguay can set to be fully implemented with using blockchain by 2021? Looking forward to seeing this application of ae tech asap

Well that’s a long shot @inowhaveaename.chain, Uruguay is between the D9 but even tough there is some blockchain initiatives toward blockchain adoption it’s going to take some time. There is very interesting movements and messages being done from promoting agencies to move from POC to production ready services on top of blockchain. Will keep posted!

2 Likes

For sure, hemp industries have developed a lot since last years. Nowadays we can see that hemp can bring not just harm for human health but and be useful in medicine and not even for animals. One day I found out that my cat’s behavior has changed a lot. She was very nervous and didn’t want to play with me as it used to be. I decided to address at the doctor. He recommended us CBD oil for cats. I’ve never heard about it before but I could find useful information at https://www.healthcanal.com/best-cbd-oil/cats and decided to try it. The result was wonderful. My cat could come back to the usual way of life. She is still cute and playful. Since then, I understand that hemp can be really useful sometimes.

1 Like

I completely agree with you, cannabis justifies its success in the business sphere because this product sells well, especially after legalization. These products with the addition of cannabis have also become quite famous dailymarijuana.co Here are excellent cbd gummies that I personally use right now to relieve the excitement or anxiety before important negotiations and meetings. This really helps, so I think that this project is almost perfect for business. You can take an example from this and do something similar

2 Likes