Can't extend name in Base aepp

Hey guys!

So for some reason I can’t extend a name that I’ve owned since height 221xxx!

The ‘Set as a default name’ and ‘Extend name’ buttons are both grayed out inside of the base aepp!

What’s goin’ on!? :slight_smile: How can this be fixed!? Thanks thanks!

Swift

P.S. Why isn’t there a ‘General’ forum of some sort on here? All the channels are so specific and constrictive. :confused:

1 Like

Hi @swift try register/extend your name via SuperHero Wallet, Chrome extension it works.

Also, you can share your ideas here Project Ideas - æforum it’s quite ‘general’ :slight_smile:

Thank you, @aniputapet.chain! But the chain name is not under my Superhero account but under my Base.Aepp account! I don’t really want to transfer it - and am really confused why just one of the names (the rest work) isn’t allowing me to update!

And ‘general’ like - ‘let’s tell stories about our favorite crypto stories’ - and ‘discuss why AE is better than anything else’ - kind of General.

That’s how you build a community, AEorg - by letting people be people! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Absolutely.

What you would suggest? Where is the best place for such topic? The usual channel is also Telegram: Contact @aeternity I personally find community group and live chat suitable for such discussion.

Regarding the Base aepp - let’s wait for more suggestions since I claimed my .chain name through Superhero

@swift you can extend you name using the base æpp in combination with https://aenalytics.org (you need a remote connection and use aenalytics on your desktop, not mobile)

make sure to connect your wallet (top right) and then go to the name you want to extend. Next to the name you should see an icon to perform actions if you are the owner of that name

1 Like

That’s magic, thank you @marco.chain!

And, @aniputapet.chain - well, just having a ‘normal-people-AE-talk’ section on the forum might be a good thing? Not everyone wants to DL Telegram and why not have multiple locations where AE communities could grow?! AE just needs to do more things! Do all the things!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it important for you to use the base aepp in the future? Because it seems like it won’t be supported anymore and thus we might also ignore it for our relaunch auf aenalytics.

No, it’s not important to use base aepp, @marco.chain - however, I gotta tell you, aenalytics worked great to update that one name - but then the ‘wrench sign’ next to ALL of my names disappeared for some reason. I was still able to see them and modify/update in the aepp. But great, overall - I much appreciate the interface/clear communication in the aenalytics! Really great to see the ‘days until exparation’ note for the chain names too.

The base aepp is going away? Huh… Kind of worried of AE never picking a lane and sticking with it - and always changing, for years now. That’s a worrisome sign. Hopefully the latest changes stay for long time and grow!

1 Like

Currently we are connecting aenalytics to the old middleware which has some bugs and cannot show the active auctions.

We are working on a new version that will be even better - but that will take some time.

Yes from all what I heard of the base aepp won’t be further developed. @icarus and I thought about forking and maintaining it under our kryptokrauts umbrella because we like the remote connection which isn’t possible with Superhero (at least at this point of time).

3 Likes

Same topic, different year! Now neither the base aepp (unable to connect to the chosen node) nor aenalytics.org (a screen with some graphs but no buttons) seem to work!

The only place that I’m able to connect to my account (both #1 and #2) is with https://base.aepps.com/ - which is somehow tied to this instance of Chrome (gosh only knows what’ll happen when I format this computer) - but THERE the names can’t be extended.

Trying to connect a superhero plugin using with the key phrase gives me a not-correct ‘account logo’ (but the correct coin number for the primary account) and an inability to connect to the ‘second account’ (not the main one) that actually owns/wants to pay for the chain names owed.

It really would seem that making THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITY of the blockchain be FUNCTIONAL is a pretty high target on the list of ‘things to do,’ no? Like, after 1.5 years, we’re still here?

Really hoping I’m just missing something obvious here… :confused:

Uhmmm, perhaps @marco.chain maybe can bother you for a suggestion?

@aeternity-team @fabiankrol @aniputapet.chain any chance some help can be found… for a basic functionality of the chain?

Why can’t a .CHAIN name be easily and quickly renewed 4 years after the premiere of the damn network!?! Who’s in charge of this place? :confused:

the “new” aenalytics.org (which hasn’t been updated for quite some time and also requires some fix for the stats) doesn’t have this functionality anymore. I feel your pain and it’s definitely a problem you shouldn’t have. also keep in mind that aenalytics is a community project and nothing official.

multi-account support in Superhero Wallet would solve that problem. otherwise you can ask somebody to help you out and develop a frontend to handle extending names by allowing to connect via base aepp. it shouldn’t be a big deal.

@benhus1337 can you take this topic? extending names is in general a problem right now for regular users.

I am really wondering why it isn’t possible in the base aepp right now and to be honest I didn’t check for a long time. maybe @davidyuk can have a look at this and help out?

Thank you for the reply, Marco.

That’s what is baffling me. This is SUCH a CORE operation of the chain - that I can’t believe that it’s been close to TWO YEARS without any visible progress (and as it sounds above, a digression - of a community project - the core organization NOT providing any alternatives) on it. I’m a pretty seasoned Aeternity zealot - but this is making even me very doubtful of my allegiances.

And as things stand right now, I’m going to lose the names, unless I jump some through super-hoops. For shame.

try aeknow.chain (https://github.com/jdgcs/aeknow.chain) and boxaepp (https://www.aebox.io/)

Thank you; I don’t think those two links solve the problem?