Development of a Rust SDK

Is there already an initiative to develop an SDK for the Rust programming language? Couldn’t find anything about it on the forum, but who knows, perhaps somebody is working on it.

If not, I’d like to ask if there are any other people interested to start this initiative with me as a community contribution to the aeternity project?

Rust is great language for systems programming, hence a Rust SDK for aeternity makes perfect sense in my opinion.

Hey @zkvonsnarkenstein.chain,

Thank you for this initiative, it’s very kind of you to contribute to our efforts.
Our dev team will get back to you on whether there is such ongoing project.

If not, here is the right place to discuss it and get support from other community members :slight_smile:

Best,
Albena

Hi @zkvonsnarkenstein.chain,

In the SDK team we too love Rust, and have long had the desire to make a Rust SDK–so far we’ve not had time. I did attempt to generate interfaces from the Swagger files using swagger-codegen, and one other which I can’t currently recall, without success.Any support we can offer you in making this, please let us know.

Best,

John

1 Like

I also run the Bulgarian Rust meetups. For this meetup I will launch a hack & learn concept tonight. The idea is for people to learn Rust while “hacking” on projects. My idea is to add this SDK as one of the projects.

1 Like

Thank you very much @zkvonsnarkenstein.chain, we really appreciate that!
Keep us updated on the progress :slight_smile:

Hi there,

We are also using Rust internally to build our middleware, and would be very happy to collaborate on a rust SDK. Currently the middleware doesn’t know so much about the API but it must learn more fast :slight_smile:

You can find the middleware at GitHub - aeternity/aeternal: Æterrnal--the caching and reporting layer for the æternity blockchain

You can email me on [email protected] if you want to discuss this further.

Cheers,

j

1 Like