This is an experimental packaged build of the epoch aeternity node.
It is intended to be used for experimentation.
Be aware that this package has not been tested extensively.
We are looking for users who are willing to test this experimental release and report back any issues found when using it.
Supported Software Versions
- Windows 10 64bit
- For CUDA mining a very recent NVIDIA driver version is required (tested with version
- Multi-GPU support, please refer to Github PR #1865 for details
- No GPU mining using AMD cards possible
- No CUDA GPU mining using NVIDIA 2080 cards possible
- Key generation through the command-line like
./bin/epoch keys_gen PASSWORDis not possible
- Launching the node opens 2 windows. The first one shows some errors which can be ignored (black backround) can be closed. The second window (white background) shows the running node.
- First window opens (black background), but no second window (white background) does not open
- Download the zip package and unpack it into a separate folder.
- Open the configuration file
<PACKAGE_BASE>/epoch.yamland replace the entry for
beneficiarywith a valid value.
- Start the node by double-clicking
– Let the node run until it reports that the chain sync has been completed.
- Stop the node by closing the window.
- Enable CPU mining by setting the entry for
truein the configuration file.
- Start the node again by double-clicking
– You can follow the mining output in the log files
- (Optional) Enable CUDA mining by configuring the mining section of the configuration file as documented in that file.
Version 1.0.1-experimental.3 - Wed Dec 5 21:22:43 UTC 2018
SHA512(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental.3-standalone.zip) = 5a20e54eb718cd016c5891b3ed2cee3a1a92085635f9b141624d8fc3af4f9db60c44553ae2b668c799a5b41ace5457d93238eb91bfd66e71af3037c989a15730 SIZE(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental.3-standalone.zip) = 36530932 bytes
Version 1.0.1-experimental.2 - Wed Dec 5 20:14:57 UTC 2018
NOTE: The mining logic in this version is broken, please don’t use it if you are looking to mine!
SHA512(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental.2-standalone.zip) = 996751521a65c9ac3a6bc9a5e7805305d81cf6aab876bcec3a30cbe43166e767c41174d6f49186ec4490b3e1f3f1adb075d40867c26245c8a2008663178b7bf6 SIZE(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental.2-standalone.zip) = 36530900 bytes
Version 1.0.1-experimental - Wed Dec 5 18:14:57 UTC 2018
NOTE: The node startup in this version is broken, please don’t use it!
SHA512(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental-standalone.zip) = ac44f3ae9080c22bfc25506aa9766a835af1e488ada1f0a9687961158c3e9059e1cc666aae9f9b7444310b02fa42770514d09938c0d7e3ce7a74a2fe8508d5e3 SIZE(epoch-windows-w64-1.0.1-experimental-standalone.zip) = 36530829 bytes
Ideally you should include the following information in your report:
- epoch windows package version
- Windows version
- NVIDIA GPU type and driver version when trying to mine using the CUDA miner
- epoch logs and configuration file uploaded via Pastebin or somewhere else
Thanks in advance, and happy testing.