I would like to start a topic about the different network and network value metrics that the community is interested in. I already discussed those with @emin.chain and we are up to something. I believe that having these metrics set up and monitored (possibly via dashboard) would be very useful for the entire community. They could also be instrumental in the process of judging success of promotional efforts.
Here is what Emin and I think could be useful (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, all time):
- total number of transactions
- total value transferred (in AE tokens)
- total number of state channels opened and closed
- total value locked in state channels (in AE tokens)
- total number of contracts created
- total number of contract state changes (a bit tricky maybe)
- total value managed by contracts (in AE tokens)
- total number of unique addresses that interact with smart contracts
- total number of AE token accounts with balances different from “0”
- total value of gas spent (in AE tokens)
- total value of fees paid (in AE tokens)
- total number of names registered (already available)
- total number of registered oracles (already available)
- total number of active oracles (active -> replied to query in the last 7 days - could be defined differently)
Apart from AE tokens, value could also be expressed in a few fiat currencies.
I think @jsnewby and @LiuYang.chain could provide a useful perspective here. What do you guys think about the metrics mentioned above? Also - how difficult would be to create a dashboard that features them in a single location (web page). Finally, is something missing in your opinion?