As superhero is developing to become a social platform of the new internet - decentralised, trustless and censorship-resistant it should offer its users an easy way to create, manage and participate in different sub-communities as this is a mandatory feature one would expect from a social platform these days.
Similar to reddit’s /r/ sub-community pages, or fb’s, linkedin, g+ and other social platforms pages, which allow users to join groups and communicate with people with similar interests - such functionality should be also present in superhero.
Implication of the proposal:
- Users will be able to create sub-community pages
- Customize different flavours (colours, icon-sets, rules*)
- Customisable roles (could be based on permissions smart contract attached to the community’s .chain name following specific schema)
- Each sub-community can define its own authentication/participation logic (e.g. based on token ownership) or can be completely open for new members
- User can select topics they are interested in by Following/joining a community (this will allow better content suggestion with the RRE later on)
Proposal initial scope (v1):
- Research and develop a schema for defining community properties
- Define a way of distinguishing different community tips (e.g. by tags in the tipping contract, or different contract, deployed on community creation)
- Initial design and implementation of the sub-community pages UI/UX in the superhero platform