Forum Community Guidelines (Code of Conduct)

Community Guidelines - Code of Conduct

Welcome to the æcosystem!

The æternity Forum is a powerful platform, not only because members can discuss development within æternity and the blockchain industry as a whole. It’s also a place where members can potentially form teams to build their very own projects on æternity! Members can leverage æternity’s different communication channels to access a network of like-minded global professionals and enthusiasts.

In short, the æcosystem is a breeding ground for both discussion and collaboration.

Much like any digital platform for discussions, rules are necessary to keep order and civility within the community. This Code of Conduct and list of Prohibited Behaviour and Activities was created to help guide members on what is considered acceptable behavior when interacting with the community, along with the corresponding penalties for violations.

This Code of Conduct must be followed by all members at all times. Community managers moderate the forums and channels, and enforce rules as well as impose penalties in cases of violation. The terms stated here also apply to private conversations with community members.

By engaging and participating in æternity communication channels, it is assumed that you agree to the terms below and understand that if they are not upheld, you may be banned from the channels or restricted form using them for either a limited or indefinite period of time.

For any issues or questions, here is a list of the moderators’ names so you can contact them directly:

@albena.chain – Community Manager

@erik.chain – æmbassador Program Manager

@Markaeternity.chain - Chinese Community Manager

@vanessa.chain - Spanish Community Manager

I. Code of Conduct

1. Keep the channels friendly and welcoming

æternity is all about inclusion. The æcosystem is a place that is open and welcomes all. This applies even to beginners who may be asking basic questions.

2. Please post in the right category

This helps keep some order in the Forum and helps users find what they’re looking for easily. Similarly, please post in each Forum category according to its dedicated language. If you need any help with that, contact the moderators.

3. Protect yourself

Be careful when clicking links to third-party content. Be wary of potential phishing attacks. Also, do not divulge personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc. that could potentially be used to harm you. And although this may be obvious for some, we want to remind everyone that your private keys or even the email addresses you use for your exchange accounts or wallets should NEVER BE SHARED to anyone, especially in public channels. Similarly, do not disclose other people’s personal information as well.

4. Do not engage in insults, profanity, or any form of abusive language

Discussions and debates are very welcome—they are the primary reasons for forums in the first place. But discourses must be done in a healthy manner.

Refrain from any inappropriate behavior. This includes but is not limited to all kinds of ad hominem and personal attacks, threats of violence, posting people’s private information or any other aggressive language.

5. Do not spam the channels

Spamming and drive-by posting will result in direct banning. This includes but is not limited to sharing information about trading groups, suggesting any type of market manipulation and any other similar schemes. Please avoid duplicate/recurrent posts/memes/images that could be interpreted as spamming.

6. Title your posts properly

Do not use misleading titles/links or clickbait.

7. Use only one account

Creating multiple accounts on the same communication platform is considered a violation of the rules.

8. Price discussions are not welcome

Keep price discussions, discussions about exchanges, market talk, and anything under this category outside. You can find plenty of trading-focused channels online, but this is not the right place for it.

9. Duplicating threads

Posting a thread that has already been covered, although not as harmful as the rest of the violations on this list, is discouraged. Moderators will merge your post into the older post that is similar or closely related.

10. Introduce yourself and enjoy the discussions

We are here to learn more about the project and make it a success. Keep that in mind. That being said, it would be lovely if you can tell us a bit about yourself by creating a post on the Introduce Yourself category so we can give you a warm welcome!

Prohibited Behaviour and Activities

1. Abusive, derogatory, discriminatory, or any inappropriate language

Such comments or posts include racial/ethnic slurs, sexist remarks, harassment, threats, defamation, obscene/vulgar, insulting, or derogatory language. Racially insensitive, sexist, derogatory remarks against minorities or similar abuses will not be tolerated. Sending other members harassing messages, or persistently sending messages when they have clearly told you to stop, are also violations.

Penalty: Warning on the first offense; two-week suspension on the second; ban on the third.

2. Doxxing

Threats made to other community members will be taken seriously. Inciting violence against a certain person, group, or company is a severe violation. Distribution of real-life personal information such as home or work addresses, phone numbers, etc. that may be used to harm someone is a serious offense not just against the community but against the law as well.

Penalty: Immediate ban. Your account will be automatically deleted to protect the community.

3. Illegal substances and other activities

Using the forum or any of æternity’s communication channels to conduct illegal activities, such as plans for terrorist activities, money laundering, trafficking, or selling drugs or any black market items is not allowed.

Promoting, coordinating, or recruiting users to join pump and dump schemes or any other form of market manipulation is also strictly prohibited.

Penalty: Immediate ban. Your account will be automatically deleted to protect the community.

4. Preying on other community members

Posting or sending malicious programs, websites, phishing or any type of scams is strictly banned.

5. Spamming

Posting links to Ponzi schemes, ICOs, or other tokens with the purpose of shilling.
Penalty: Warning on the first offense; two-week suspension on the second; ban on the third.

6. Trolling, inciting fights

Posting comments intended to spark outrage and fights is immature and severely frowned upon.

7. Repetitive false reports against other users

False reports made against other users will backfire against you. Only report users when there are actual violations.

You’re good to go. Thank you for reading and enjoy the æcosystem! We wish you a great time, enlightening discussions and happy hacking on the next generation of decentralized applications!

11 Likes

中文版Aeternity社区行为准则:Aeternity论坛社区行为准则-中文版

Thank you…

Hi everyone, im glad to have joined this community. I wish to learn a lot from you all and also you learn from me. This project is really good and im very bullish. Nice to be here

I discovered Aeternity through the airdrop, and I’m thrilled to dive deeper into this exciting blockchain ecosystem. The ongoing Zealy Campaign has piqued my interest, especially with its focus on early engagement and rewarding contributors. As we sail through Stage 1, I’m eager to explore the introductory quests and learn more about Aeternity’s unique features.
I’m ready to contribute, engage, and learn alongside the vibrant Aeternity community.

1 Like

the article you provided seems to be a set of guidelines and community rules. Could you please specify what kind of reply or response you’re looking for? Are you asking for a summary, a commentary, or something else?

Hi everyone I’m Nil by name, I’m really happy to be part of this community, it’s amazing to work a massive project like æternity. lets aim for the moon together.

1 Like

Hello guy’s I’m promise chukwudum. From Nigeria and a crypto trader. I got to know about this project from a friend in us and I’m here to put all my skill and effort in anyway to must the project is progressing

1 Like

Hello everyone ,am Blessing, a crypto enthusiast
,graphic designer and content creator. My journey in the blockchain space has been an exhilarating and enriching one, spanning over half a decade. During this time, I have delved into various facets of the blockchain industry, from participating in Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) to honing my skills in smart contract development. Through these experiences, I have cultivated a deep passion for exploring the transformative potential of blockchain technology across diverse sectors. My keen interest lies in decentralized finance (DeFi) solutions, particularly in leveraging blockchain to enhance accessibility and efficiency in financial services. This passion has led me to my current affiliation with a dynamic blockchain startup that is dedicated to pioneering innovative DeFi solutions.

Being actively involved in the blockchain space, I have witnessed the rapid evolution and maturation of this groundbreaking technology. The disruptive nature of blockchain excites me, as it has the power to redefine traditional processes and systems in numerous industries. In light of this, my aim is to contribute meaningfully to the æternity (ae) community by sharing my insights and expertise garnered through years of hands-on experience in blockchain projects. I firmly believe that education and awareness are the cornerstones of fostering mainstream adoption of blockchain technology, and I am committed to playing my part in elevating the community’s understanding and engagement with this revolutionary technology.

In terms of potential contributions to the ae community, I am eager to collaborate on initiatives that drive innovation and growth within the ecosystem. One area where I see tremendous potential is the integration of æternity’s cutting-edge technology with real-world applications, particularly in the realm of decentralized finance. By exploring how æternity’s unique features can enhance financial services, streamline processes, and empower users, we can unlock new possibilities for the community and propel æternity to the forefront of the blockchain landscape. Additionally, I am keen on engaging in discussions, workshops, and educational initiatives that demystify blockchain concepts, showcase real-world use cases, and catalyze community-driven projects that showcase the true potential of decentralized technologies.

In conclusion, my journey in the blockchain space, coupled with a strong passion for decentralized finance and a commitment to community engagement, positions me as a valuable contributor to the æternity ecosystem. By leveraging my expertise in blockchain technology and my dedication to advancing the adoption and understanding of decentralized solutions, I am excited to collaborate with like-minded individuals within the ae community. Together, we can propel the boundaries of blockchain innovation, shape the future of decentralized finance, and create a vibrant ecosystem where ideas flourish and transformative technologies thrive. Let’s embark on this journey together and unlock the limitless possibilities that blockchain has to offer!

1 Like